When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My DJs and MyManMatt

preacher62

I built these two DJs a couple of years ago. One is a 16013 in an engraved, gen 16013 case and the other is a 16014 in an engraved, gen 16014 case, both with gen linen dials and both have Swiss made, ETA 2836s on board.

I was never really happy with them as they did not have proper DWOs. I contacted MMM to see what he had to offer and he furnished me with these two DWOs that are very near gen looking. One is white and the other champagne. They have open 6s and 9s and round topped 3s. The best part is that they are perfectly centered both horizontally and vertically on all dates.

If you have built a 1601 or a 16000 with an ETA movement, you need to contact MyManMatt for one of these DWOs.

I love the watches now and wear them everyday. "So many watches...so few wrists."

(BTW the one on the left is not wound and set.)

MyDJs_zpsd4939843.jpg

I built these two DJs a couple of years ago. One is a 16013 in an engraved, gen 16013 case and the other is a 16014 in an engraved, gen 16014 case, both with gen linen dials and both have Swiss made, ETA 2836s on board.

I was never really happy with them as they did not have proper DWOs. I contacted MMM to see what he had to offer and he furnished me with these two DWOs that are very near gen looking. One is white and the other champagne. They have open 6s and 9s and round topped 3s. The best part is that they are perfectly centered both horizontally and vertically on all dates.

If you have built a 1601 or a 16000 with an ETA movement, you need to contact MyManMatt for one of these DWOs.

I love the watches now and wear them everyday. "So many watches...so few wrists."

(BTW the one on the left is not wound and set.)MyDJs_zpsd4939843.jpg

Looks good mate ;)

I sent my DJ up to Matt for a movement swap- the asian eta had crapped out and he installed a swiss eta 2826-1- DW is perfectly centered and watch is running great.

photo_zpsab909668.jpg

The case is one he sold me- it's holding up well and I have it on a $20 riyi002 GP bracelet. Should be easy to swap the bracelet when it shows signs of age.

My two Franken Matt builds. I was never really a DD or DJ guy until I got one of Matt's pieces. Now looking at doing two more builds. All started when I saw a picture of pan153's Vintage DD Matt built. Matt is a great guy and best watch smith I have ever known.

za5uragy.jpg

Here is mine

5aveqera.jpg

y5egezah.jpg

That is the one that started the the non sport watch madness for me...beautiful piece. We are looking at building a vintage tt DJ next and I cannot decide on whether to go vintage or modern on an all stainless silver dial DJ.

These are all beautiful examples of non sport watches. There are times when a dive watch just won't do, and these really fill the bill. I don't wear my Day date very often, but when the situation calls for a little "dressier"watch, it's the one I turn to.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

What's the best way to get hold of MMM? I've shot him a few a PMs a while ago, but unfortunately never heard back. Is there an email or something I can reach him.

I'm keen for him to build a DD with the glacier blue dial with Roman numerals. Such a beauty that one.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk