When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first post in years! Noob questions about the LMPO :)

MasterOfPuppets

Hello everyone! Been away for a while, and i just noticed that my last post was 4 years ago  :bangin:

Don't know who's still here since my last visit, I've been lurking around every now and then and noticed that most of the Veterans aren't as active as they used to be, hope everyone is doing well :) Oh well I'm sure the new ones make up for it, it's still as friendly as always!

So I came across the 42mm LMPO and was so impressed with the level of details put into it, rep manufacturers have come a long way!

After reading a few posts, i decided to pull the trigger, but thought i should ask our experts a few questions first:

1- The Bracelet issues, are they that hard to solve? I'm not an expert so i'd have a hard time fixing them! Any instructions i can follow?!

2- Are all parts of this model interchangeable with gen parts? If so, what are the usual fixes most members do?

3- I had my eye on the Blue Liquid Metal version as well (clear caseback), but after going the reviews i saw that the LMPO is a better option, can you guys let me know what you think about that?

Many thanks in advance for all your inputs, it's time for this ancient noob to get his first real rep B) 

:evil2: 

I have the LMPO (from Toro) and am totally impressed with it.   The bracelet issue simply requires patience & persistence for re-sizing.    Be sure you get yourself a decent pin pusher (metal) for the job and CAREFULLY hammer them out.   Be sure to use the directional arrows on the inside of the bracelet, when removing the pins.   I had to remove 3 links on mine, so I did two on one side and one on the other.   Took me about 30min all together.   A little sweat and some swearing, but I got it done without incident!

Nanuq! Man it feels good to see your Avatar again!

Hope you're doing well my friend :)

Life is good, my old friend. Now get with program already and start a Big Crown build, eh? ;) The things are addicting!

The old guard are here just quietly getting on with life, welcome back

Thx FxrAndy it's good to be back :)

Life is good, my old friend. Now get with program already and start a Big Crown build, eh? ;) The things are addicting!

Glad to hear that buddy. Will do as soon as I get a few answers about this model, she's a beauty!

Greetings MOP! I did a short review on the LMPO check it out! Killer watch and don't worry about the bracelet issue once sized it's all good! I luv mine....best OTB Omega rep to date! As far as mods I really don't think it needs it...it's that good....highly recommended.

Anyone know what kind of mods can be applied to the LMPO?

Well...I now know one mod you could potentially consider; I've waterproofed my LMPO and decided it would be my holiday watch for this year.

Went diving , some snorkeling, in the pool etc and everything was OK until the last few day I was unable -or was very hard- to close the clasp.

I couldn't be bothered at the time and it was only until I got home I discovered the rust inside the clasp..

Too bad the factories didn't spend an extra penny and made the spring inside the clasp stainless steel or so to prevent it from rusting....

nedypa8u.jpg

Spring bars also didn't survive salt water and were a real pain to get out..

So , I've ordered a gen clasp from cousinsUK and some Omega spring bars , gave the bracelet a spa treatment with White Lightning and I'm a happy camper again.

I must admit that if your planning to keep your rep out of the water so there's no chance for rust, don't bother getting a gen clasp; besides some minor difference in finish and tolerances there is no way you could tell which one is which..

Besides this little mishap I still think the LMPO qualifies for being a super rep, overall finish and fit are excellent, a keeper for sure !

Sent through TapaTalk

Greetings MOP! I did a short review on the LMPO check it out! Killer watch and don't worry about the bracelet issue once sized it's all good! I luv mine....best OTB Omega rep to date! As far as mods I really don't think it needs it...it's that good....highly recommended.

Hello indywatchguy, Just read your review again, I guess I'm good to go! Thx :)

Well...I now know one mod you could potentially consider; I've waterproofed my LMPO and decided it would be my holiday watch for this year.

Went diving , some snorkeling, in the pool etc and everything was OK until the last few day I was unable -or was very hard- to close the clasp.

I couldn't be bothered at the time and it was only until I got home I discovered the rust inside the clasp..

Too bad the factories didn't spend an extra penny and made the spring inside the clasp stainless steel or so to prevent it from rusting....

nedypa8u.jpg

Spring bars also didn't survive salt water and were a real pain to get out..

So , I've ordered a gen clasp from cousinsUK and some Omega spring bars , gave the bracelet a spa treatment with White Lightning and I'm a happy camper again.

I must admit that if your planning to keep your rep out of the water so there's no chance for rust, don't bother getting a gen clasp; besides some minor difference in finish and tolerances there is no way you could tell which one is which..

Besides this little mishap I still think the LMPO qualifies for being a super rep, overall finish and fit are excellent, a keeper for sure !

Sent through TapaTalk

Man that looks really bad! I don't wear my watches while showering or swimming so I guess I don't need a gen clasp.

Thx for the input guys, I'm pulling the trigger on this one!

Good to see you MOP. 

Verbal, that's a great insight on the rust thing, that should be a post on its own if it isn't already.  Big time issue.

Also interested to hear more about the blue liquid metal from people if they have any comparison insight.

Good to see you too cornerstone

Toro informed me 3 days ago that it is indeed in stock and ready to ship, will be ordering it tomorrow!

• 1 month later...