When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! Something doesn't seem right here...

yohobbityo

After a couple days of research I decided to buy the REP Aqua Terra, 15 000 Gauss. 

However just before I pulled the trigger stumbled upon this...

This dealer (Trusty Time) claims they have a swiss ETA in theirs 

I was quite intent with the miyota movement but it seems the Swiss ETA is most likely superior 
I'm not sure with which one to go with, theyre all Trusted Dealers :\ 

On Puretime / Trevor Watch their AT 15 000 Gauss' have Miyota movements

1) Does Trusty Time actually have a Swiss ETA in theirs?

2) If so, is the choice obviously the REP with the Swiss ETA or is there more to consider? 

Well the ETA is better a new one that is, now are you going to get a good one who knows nothing against Andrew (Trusty Time) but the factory puts in what they put in . :unknw:  Not to say you could not get a crappy Miyota, what are they useing an 8215 should be able to give you good one of those :g: but you never know.  It's always a roll of the dice welcome to rep world.  :inverted: 

I have been looking into this myself. Overall, via examining the forums, it seems the Miyota version is better. Better looking, and most importantly, better quality. Both seem to have been recently introduced. The BP ETA around 12/13, the AT maker around 03/14. I've obtained this info from numerous posts on here and other forums. The Swiss version, while it could be better, seems a bit more hit-or-miss since it's almost certainly not a new one. The thing w/ the Miyota is a lacking of hacking (there is an indirect way to do this, though), harder to service (but can probably just remove-and-replace the movement and reinstall the decorative plate, and it's not much $$), the slower beat (but the Omega isn't a 28k+ fast beat, so this isn't a bad match), and the possibility of a skipping seconds hand (but this *appears* to be rare)

Edited by Applez

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...