When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bad experience with Getat!

Pierre Sec

All,

I love watches, I love having them, but searching for the perfect one is even more fun. So when my father needed a new watch, I offered him to help. He eventually chose a Pam homage from Getat.

First of all, I know the stories and topics about Getat. So, I knew the risk. And I knew I had to be patient. I order a lot from China so I know what patience is. The watch my father picked, was also a pre order, which of course required some more patience.

Here's an overview of the timelines:
June 10: Order confirmation + payment + confirmation.
July 15: Received tracking code. Tracking code did not work. No panic, my experience with tracking from HK is not very good. Just sit back and have faith.
August 12: Email to Tat. Told him that I had not received the watch and tracking code does not work. No response.
After this I have sent him several emails asking about the status. No response.
September 15: Emailed HK post. They told me that the tracking code was not registered in their system. Emailed Tat again several times without any response.

I know this hobby comes with the occasional disappointment. I will be frustrated and will get over it. But I hate it when it happens with a watch for my father.

I know i might need just a little more patience. But refusing to respond to my emails is just plain rude!

Needless to say I would not recommend anyone to do business with GETAT!

Thanks for listening ;-)

• 2 years later...
20 minutes ago, King_tigaa said:

Hi, my name is Adam and i'm in the same situation, and I was wondering if you ever received you watch. 

Thank you 

Welcome to there forums, who is this Getat?  Are they a trusted dealer on here, or elsewhere?

Same here. Tracking numbers but no confirmation that the order has been shpped. Unanswered mails, or mails with promises. Never again. Fortunately it is only an amount of 40 USD or so....

Guys, just a reminder. If you buy from non-trusted dealers, the administrator/mod crew will not intercede. We have no relationship with these folks and you are on your own. I would advise anyone who is buying from a dealer who is not a trusted dealer here or on one of the other rep forums such as RWI or RepGeek, do your due diligence before placing and order. Another thing, If you do chose to order from "Unknowns" at least use a form of payment that can be reversed.

• 2 weeks later...