When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most difficult conversation in my life.

Cats

Please know that you and your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers. I have had a small taste of all the emotions as my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer this May. Radiation but no chemo was her prognosis. She's doing well now but a hell of a scare. Stay strong and please keep us updated. I'm happy to listen and always willing to pray.

I'm feeling so sad Cats about your current situation. I know that you have not been well for sometime.....but I always had my fingers crossed that your health would return.

What I do know Is that you are one class act. After  being here for sometime now I know this to be 100% fact.

I have had some health issues and dealing with a aging mother. So to some degree I can relate. Life can throw us a curve ball.

But your son has had a excellent example of what being a good and honest human being Is. I personally can't think of a better legacy to leave.

My prayers and loving thoughts go out you and your family Cats.

Godspeed my friend.

Mike

Very sorry to hear this Cats, my thoughts are with you and your family.

I am of the same mind as AJ, I wouldn't bother undergoing another chemo treatment and passing away feeling like crap from now until then, get super strong pain killers and go and enjoy everything on your bucket list, and obviously loads of those things involve your family.

Looks like you've been fighting the good fight for a while. I was just diagnosed with Prostate cancer last month and I'm able to start treatment in 2 weeks. I think about my family every day and how they're reacting to all of this but I've learned one thing in the process; be truthful, as much as it will hurt tell them. Everyone handle cancer differently. My son wept (22), my daughter (16) thought I was joking and you could tell she was having a hard time processing. I try not to think about it and honestly either I'm not dealing with it, or I feel I'm going to live forever. My heart is with you and your family.

Guys I would like to thank you all in a private message which I might do when I can find the time. Thanks for all the good wishes and advise . A few people and also the very nice lady ,who is going to coach Pim in the process of saying goodbye , advised me to make as much photo's of us together so he has pictorial material which helps him remembering to good times that we will still have left. I got a new medicine called Dexamethason which is a wonder drug for me. I cuts of all the edges of your daily live but also gives me the impression that I have a unlimited source of energy available. Tricky because my fysical condition only goes one way (down) but for the moment you can finish to task you were busy with.

Once again you all can't imagine how good it feels to get such a huge amount of support out of our great community.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

simply put, there's no easy way

my dad supported a library his dad started

i support an orphanage in his name

while i lost my dad too soon he had prepared and trained me for everything except public(govt) schooling :D that my kids are subject to

that said, make the most of what you have

p.s.

i can go on into a endless drone of how we never existed, hence we never died but for now, stop reading this thread and go enjoy life for real

Cats, brother I'm so saddened by this there are no words I can put together to relay the emotion. I know your time more than ever is precious now. This community you have been such a key member of is here and I am sure will be here for you and yours. My thoughts and prayers with you.

I thought a lot about what I would do if I couldn't be there for my now 5 month old kid. I know you're going to do everything you can to spend time with him. May I suggest video messages or simply voice recordings. I know it's silly, but you could relay your wit and sense of humor in messages to him about anything and everything. From which books to read as he grows older to how to change a watch strap. He will appreciate this.

I'm sure you've heard all suggestions and I won't waste your time with nonsense. Just know that this community is very deeply saddened

Much love brother.

Ephry

Cats I have tears in my eyes as I write this having lost my young sister, grandma and father in law to that awful disease. I feel your pain and that of your family. I can say from what I read, i feel, your son will know what type of father he has. I hope a miracle happens and try to stay positive. Your family is in my prayers.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk 2

I think of it this way, some people can leave the house, get in a car accident and never return. You could never say what you wanted to say, you could never have closure. You have every opportunity to shower your son with love and try to prepare him for what might be the hardest thing he'll have to experience. I don't know you at all but I can tell the love you have for him. You will utilize this time, and you might find that you may share some of the best moments of your life with him. You keep fighting, and live every day to the fullest, and maybe... before you know it, another 20 years will have passed. Good luck mate, best wishes!