When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most difficult conversation in my life.

Cats

Low fentanyl level? I guess you are on it for painkillers. I was on it for a while, transdermal patches. Works well but knocks you for six sometimes and a bugger to wean yourself off.

Glad to hear you were found and taken care of after your bad spell!

I'm sure there would be plenty here that would be happy to help you find the funds for a gen, and likely someone here has the gen you are thinking about.

My thoughts are with you and your son, enjoy every day.

Last my son slept with my in the hospice. That was a good experience for the both of us. For me there was 24 hours medical care and he was the little prince of 12 years old guy pampered by the nurses. It was one of the first careless free moments we had in months. It feels good to have the ability to think about nice and good things to do with each other no matter the situation which sucks were you know we have to say good by to each other in the near future.

With all the support we can have a lot of stress less and can live free.

Carpe Diem

Cats

http://www.annetweijers.nl/Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk

• Like 3

My mom has come out of remission, again, she starts her second session of chemo on Tuesday.  Thinking of you Cat too mate.

Sorry to hear that Mickey. I hope the chemo works quickly and she doesn't need too many sessions.

• Like 1

Cats,

I don't know what to say.  I work as resident doctor and I see sick people all the time, but, when it's one of the good ones such as yourself, it's impossible to prevent heartache.

I remember reading your posts when I started this forum when I was a new medical student and always enjoyed your wisdom not in watches but in your good nature, positive attitude, approach to life.

This may be just a watch forum, but, to me and others, its a people forum.  People such as yourself have made this a community, its not just about watches, I come here to say hi to our fellow members around the world with a common interest.

I can admit over the last few years the most joy I have in my crazy life as a new physician is from watches, learning about them, and  more importantly the people I meet along the way.   People such as yourself is how I survive a horrible day and need to make it through to the next.

Great members such as yourself are never lost, as you continue on in those you have touched. 

Cheers to you mate, I imagine us sitting around, bs'ing, and making a toast in your honor of a good life.

:)

Edited by CharlieUK
  • Like 4

Cats,

It's been a humbling honor to see you confront this mortal mile we all will travel sooner or later. Your courage and selflessness is exemplary. Whatever or Whoever you hold greater than yourself must be very proud of you, as we all are. Goodnight and see you on the other side.

"When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home."

~ Tecumseh

A colleague of mine who was in a similar situation to yourself and his son was 14 at the time. He decided to spend some of his last days writing a short journal, with a few paragraphs devoted to each year of his own life after the age of 14. That way as his son matures, and has his own family, he stay connected with his dad. Really lovely. Just something I wanted to share...

All the best to your son and family. 

May God be with you Cats! Sorry to hear of your situation but you can beat this! The cure is in the food NOT chemo. Start by removing all sugars from your diet. Cancer needs sugar to thrive and survive, without it the cancer dies. Also sugar suppresses the immune system and you need your immune system to be strong as possible. I work in holistic alternative medicine and if I can further help please feel free to PM me. Look into the ketogenic diet as well. Lastly watch a free movie available on YouTube "dying to have known" it explains a lot on cancer and treatment. GOD bless you and heal you brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

May God be with you Cats! Sorry to hear of your situation but you can beat this! The cure is in the food NOT chemo. Start by removing all sugars from your diet. Cancer needs sugar to thrive and survive, without it the cancer dies. Also sugar suppresses the immune system and you need your immune system to be strong as possible. I work in holistic alternative medicine and if I can further help please feel free to PM me. Lastly watch a free movie available on YouTube "dying to have known" it explains a lot on cancer and treatment. GOD bless you and heal you brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

food is the answer to terminal cancer??

Seriously?

oh boy.............

Besides that, all my thoughts to you and your family Cats. You did the right thing for your son!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Terrible news. I see Cats has not been online for a while. I hope he is still with us and enjoying his remaining time with his son and family. It is humbling when someone makes a post such as his opening one. It puts everything in perspective - whilst we love watches here, they are so insignificant in the greater scheme of things.

• 2 weeks later...