When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who's Waiting For Angus' Chronomat Evolution?

Rolexman

Are you waiting for Angus' Breitling Evolution?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Content goes here Rolexman

• No, I will buy the current version soon
    • I don't like the Evolution
    • Yes, I am waiting

I was wondering why the Breitling Evolution doesn't get much attention at the moment. I see very little reviews although there was a hype at the time the watch was launched.

I myself am waiting for the grey dial version with AR from Angus and was wondering how many people are too waiting for this version?

Pic from Agngus' post over at TRC

167864-10586.jpg

Edited by Rolexman

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely waiting. Not just for the dial combo the other dealers don't have but also the rather shady hands :whistling: and the obvious lack of AR :thumbdown: .

I've been wanting a Chronomat Evolution rep for a very long time now. But I'm forcing myself to be patient. I want the best I can get on this one. I just don't feel the ones our current dealers carry is really up to par.

:victory:

Does he have a better idea of when? I'm hearing around the 20th from Angus.

:victory:

I don't know. I've been waiting him to source the Ultimate 45mm PO as well... I have a hard time waiting for that one as well. :D

I'm sure Angus gets it as soon as it's ready. And so will PT.

I just received the current Chronomat Evolution version from Andrew and the AR on that is better than any other watch I have purchased to date (IWC Ing, various PAMs, SM Chrono, FM Conq etc.). I can understand waiting for the lovely graphite dial but why is the AR on Angus version going to be that much better ?

I just received the current Chronomat Evolution version from Andrew and the AR on that is better than any other watch I have purchased to date (IWC Ing, various PAMs, SM Chrono, FM Conq etc.). I can understand waiting for the lovely graphite dial but why is the AR on Angus version going to be that much better ?

Can you post pics? I can't see the AR on the current version

Angus version:

168020-10550.jpg

Current Dealer Version:

168020-10551.jpg

I'll try and post some pics later , however the version you posted must be an earlier one (see below)

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=1030

The one I have has the dual concentric rings on the dial, the concentric rings on the subdials and the same date window border as the one shown by Angus. The only difference as far as I can see is that "Automatic" is black on my version and red on Angus's.

I'll try and post some pics later , however the version you posted must be an earlier one (see below)

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...roducts_id=1030

The one I have has the dual concentric rings on the dial, the concentric rings on the subdials and the same date window border as the one shown by Angus. The only difference as far as I can see is that "Automatic" is black on my version and red on Angus's.

Dude.. it's the same watch only a different dial combo. Both have a gen counterpart. Your version and the version shown by Big nasty have no blue AR which is a dead give away.

The red 'automatic' writing on Angus' version is the new 2007 model which isn't even on Breitlling site but is in the new chronolog 07. That's the one I want! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The red 'automatic' writing on Angus' version is the new 2007 model which isn't even on Breitlling site but is in the new chronolog 07. That's the one I want! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well, it is on the Breitling site now, in fact it's the first watch to show up when you choose the Windrider--> Chronomat Evolution, think its named 742 in the Chrono 07... And I want it sooo bad myself, my gen Breitling leather strap is crying itself in sleep every night, ugly story with X-mas coming up and everything!

Just to clearify something:

1. The current versions (1st and 2nd versions) does not have AR coating on the crystal, the 2nd version has a coating on the crystal to make the reflective light a bit blueish, it does not have the Anti-Reflective effect at all.

2. On the coming 3rd version, a genuine AR coating will be applied, same technology used by Gneuine Swiss Watches, you can see from my HBB watches.

3. Some improvements on this version:

-1. Better finishing.

-2. Better sapphire crystal (not Chinese sapphire).

-3. Genuine AR coating.

-4. White-lumed hands

-5. Correct white colour on the white dial version.

And more...

Because of HBB launches, this beauty will be prosponed to late Decmeber.

... And I want it sooo bad myself, my gen Breitling leather strap is crying itself in sleep every night, ugly story with X-mas coming up and everything!

:lol:

Well well... I hope you will have some money left after Christmas shopping... It seems as the Mark III version is worth to wait for!

Dude.. it's the same watch only a different dial combo. Both have a gen counterpart. Your version and the version shown by Big nasty have no blue AR which is a dead give away.

...Dude, don't get me started on this... :Jumpy::Jumpy::bangin:

Just to clearify something:

1. The current versions (1st and 2nd versions) does not have AR coating on the crystal, the 2nd version has a coating on the crystal to make the reflective light a bit blueish, it does not have the Anti-Reflective effect at all.

2. On the coming 3rd version, a genuine AR coating will be applied, same technology used by Gneuine Swiss Watches, you can see from my HBB watches.

3. Some improvements on this version:

-1. Better finishing.

-2. Better sapphire crystal (not Chinese sapphire).

-3. Genuine AR coating.

-4. White-lumed hands

-5. Correct white colour on the white dial version.

And more...

Hmm.. My better half already thinks I am getting obsessed by this watch collecting lark. If I get your 3rd Ver Graphite dial to complement my 2nd Ver White, do you think that would push her from the "thinking" phase into the out in the open "knowing" phase ?

In that state I may be forced to attend one of the GTGs, stand up in front and admit that I do a bit of replica from time to time, but hey it's not a problem, I can handle it ;)

Edited by nelly

Bummer!!! I thought this baby would hit the streets before X-mas....

I'm very curious of the end result. Would be nice if they include the serial# on the back of the bracelet and change that ugly brass movement holder to a ss version.......

168938-10352.jpg

Yup, one of the few watches I "need" is a gray dial sport watch and the Yachtmaster doesn't do it for me.

And as long as we're all demanding our own personal reps, I demand the only other breitling I like, in Swiss w/ high quality red gold plating, por favor.

post-53-1166198853_thumb.jpg

Hmm.. My better half already thinks I am getting obsessed by this watch collecting lark. If I get your 3rd Ver Graphite dial to complement my 2nd Ver White, do you think that would push her from the "thinking" phase into the out in the open "knowing" phase ?

In that state I may be forced to attend one of the GTGs, stand up in front and admit that I do a bit of replica from time to time, but hey it's not a problem, I can handle it ;)

Another way to do this: sell your version 2 white and buy a graphite from me, or if you like white dial version and you cab buy both after the version 2 white is sold. :)

Bummer!!! I thought this baby would hit the streets before X-mas....

I'm very curious of the end result. Would be nice if they include the serial# on the back of the bracelet and change that ugly brass movement holder to a ss version.......

The movement holder will not be changed, I am sorry...

Yup, one of the few watches I "need" is a gray dial sport watch and the Yachtmaster doesn't do it for me.

And as long as we're all demanding our own personal reps, I demand the only other breitling I like, in Swiss w/ high quality red gold plating, por favor.

No, you got a good taste!

I will satisfy your need very soon, I don't have any plated case for you to see at this moment (the plated case will be damn good!!) but a 2Tone dial, this dial is still a prototype and it needs improvement. But it at least gives you a wish. ^_^

Enjoy:

169007-10333.jpg

169007-10334.jpg

169007-10335.jpg