When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who's Waiting For Angus' Chronomat Evolution?

Rolexman

Are you waiting for Angus' Breitling Evolution?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Content goes here Rolexman

• No, I will buy the current version soon
    • I don't like the Evolution
    • Yes, I am waiting

Got my one from Andrew a few weeks ago, being new to the brand I would not be able to say if the AR is correct or not, but going into a watch dealer today (they don't carry Breitling but do carry a few Swiss brands), she assumed it was a genuine. What I can say is it is a lovely watch, comparing it side by side with a Tag aquaracer chrono it definately looks worth a lot more, and looks better built also.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my one from Andrew a few weeks ago, being new to the brand I would not be able to say if the AR is correct or not, but going into a watch dealer today (they don't carry Breitling but do carry a few Swiss brands), she assumed it was a genuine. What I can say is it is a lovely watch, comparing it side by side with a Tag aquaracer chrono it definately looks worth a lot more, and looks better built also.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

24mm lug width???

Angus, are you sure that the rep will come with 24mm lug width? It would be the wrong size because the genuine watch has just 22mm :g: (catalogue says: 22/20mm: Lug with/ clasp) The only current Breitling (genuine) watch with 24mm lug width is the Navitimer GMT

If the new Evo is as expensive has the Hublot BB... I'll pass and go for the 2nd generation!

Of course not, the watch maker has promised the price will be more or less the same as the current one, you may expect a liitle add up for the AR coating :)

24mm lug width???

Angus, are you sure that the rep will come with 24mm lug width? It would be the wrong size because the genuine watch has just 22mm :g: (catalogue says: 22/20mm: Lug with/ clasp) The only current Breitling (genuine) watch with 24mm lug width is the Navitimer GMT

Oh.. sorry.. I made the mistake... should be 22 then, I should say sorry to the forum member talking about the leather strap... Sorry

GREAT ANGUS!

I would prefer to see some pics of the SS bracelet before jumping in... there are still too many questionmarks.

They look great but I 'm still not convinced if they're really better than the 2nd gen (apart from the AR.)

I knew you will say this, I just got the bracelet sample today, will take some pics and post here.

Have you read about my side by side comparison between the 2nd version and my 3rd version (on post #28)? I have compairon on AR, dial printing, dial engraving, date font (2nd version has wrong date font), pushers, bezel and its screws, and case back engravings, all are DIFFERENT!

And my 3rd version has about 5 or 6 colors of leather straps to choose from (will have detailed pics on all of them tomorrow) and I will also do a side by side comparison on the bracelet later today.

Please don't hesitate to e-mail me for the pre-order price, it does not hurt to know just a price, you can simply compare the quality and then the price, you will find how worthy this watch is.

Angus,

Can you clarify Which models have the steps on the hour markers, as some of the pictures and descriptions don't quite match ?

Only the graphite dial will have stairs on its markers, others will have plain markers.

The following show the gen pics of this release (4 models), these pics are only for reference.

177614-8060.jpg177614-8061.jpg

177614-8062.jpg177614-8063.jpg

Just received the final sample of the white dial chronomat evo today, took some pics and did a comparison between the current version and the coming (my) version (upper one is the coming versio and lower one is the current version).

These have to be fixed before releasing:

1. The stick markers will be changed to without 'stairs'.

2. The pearl will be changed to much better one.

Please grap the last chance to suggest, thank you!

Enjoy:

2. Hands lume colour

177643-8055.jpg

177643-8056.jpg

3. Dial printing and date font

177643-8057.jpg

177643-8058.jpg

Angus, please make sure that the wings are aligned directly over the T,... QC problems will send me to

the first version, no matter the other improvements... ;) Thanks...

WOW....

Nice... :bicycle:

Andrew

Dear Andrew,

This attitude is not appreciated.

I really don`t understand you and joshua.

Puretime is just informing us and that is GOOD!

You are getting less customers with this attitude.

I`m not ordering from you anymore!

cheers! :bangin:

Hate to say it but the 2nd gen bracelet looks much better...serial# engraved, clasp fold writing much crisper. Also the end link on the 2nd gen appears closer to the real deal (more bend mid links and screws instead of pins).

Too bad there's no pic of the actual clasp (only a side view)!

No improvement on the bracelet IMO!

Edited by Rolexman

Angus,

due to the current postings here: Please show us pics of the final product. The perfect EVO would be a mix between the 2nd and the 3rd generation: Bracelet of the 2nd, ar coating and dials of the 3rd for example (I know there are further features but the community knows what I am meaning). As far as I understood there is a deadline for placing pre-orders. Although I did so I'd like to wait with payment 'til I've seen the final product: I want to get what I see :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks!