When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modded Navitimer now out!

importr

Joshuas promised A23 modded rep.

First impressions are that all the foibles of previous reps are gone, and now we get:

Correct Dw font and height at the expense of a faux 3 o clock subdial

date window position as gen

Correct slide rule

Correct case and lugs

Correct bezel profile

AR crystal , double sided?

Superlume

For some bizarre reason we get the running seconds hand from a Chronomat? WTF

And as I'm only using my phone to look I can't make out the detail of the case back and bracelet.

But this looks promising!

http://www.pf-818.com/blnv00701-navitimer-ssss-sticks-7750-p-16387.html

Listing says off White Dial, but the gen is stratus Silver. A very obvious tell....

Suprising that this lauch has not received more attention in here.  A good, classic Navitimer has been one of the "unicorns" in the replica-business..along with a proper Speedmaster Pro. 

This one seems to be good enough for me to buy my first new replica for quite some time. Shame about the non-functional minute counter, but I prefer a non-recessed date.

....Yeah I'm surprised that one one else has discussed it here aswell.

I just noticed another flaw on it......

....check out the large chrono seconds hand..... the tip should be a red arrow!!!

I think it's best wait for the V1.5 already! :rolleyes:

They probably put a dw overlay on top of the original dw, which means the chrono minute wheel would have to go.

As long as the overlay didn't foul anything else, I don't think it makes it any less reliable than usual.

Waiting eagerly for the classic "panda version", with black dial and white subdials.. That is THE Navitimer.  B)

Strange that the launched the white version with some obvious errors.. The classic version, without the stupid small flaws would have made an impact.

Waiting eagerly for the classic "panda version", with black dial and white subdials.. That is THE Navitimer.  B)

Strange that the launched the white version with some obvious errors.. The classic version, without the stupid small flaws would have made an impact.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

So.... I emailed PC to ask if they could supply me the correct hand set if I bought their Navi.

He replied to say that the rep was 100% correct and that they used a gen to replicate it...

So I sent the picture comparison below

Navitimer.jpg

Despite the difference of opinion they will not supply the hand set that I want. So it's a deal breaker for me

:(

Good effort in illustrating the shortcomings to PC. :-) The minor flaws should be easy to rectify. 

The chronograph hands are all too "fat". Slender hands are a part of the vintage spirit of the Navi. 

Is there any thread  where Josh and Trusty "promote" this watch? It could be interesting to read their takes on the launch of this Navitimer and which future versions there will be...

I bet that this white version, with wrong subdial hands, is not the final version... Not after all the work to get the datewheel right. :-)