When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

breitling navitimer world gmt (thoughts on QC pics?)

siro1981

Hi All just ordered my first Rep, just wanted some feedback on the QC pictures. to my untrained eye looks pretty good and i have approved and am looking forward to receiving it in the next week or so. some feedback from some people in the know would be appreciated though. thanks in advance.

advertised as a 1-1 with original, genuine c3 superlume, functional slide rule, asia 7750 valjoux working chromo gmt movement,2880bph, insignia rotor

1st off my wish list:-

Brietling navitimer world

Cartier Roadster chrono xl

Omega speedmaster hb-sia

Franck muller conquistador GPG

Rolex Daytona

post-68215-0-30557800-1416603706_thumb.j

post-68215-0-57899800-1416603720_thumb.j

post-68215-0-85237100-1416603750_thumb.j

post-68215-0-14921900-1416603769_thumb.j

post-68215-0-39541000-1416603779_thumb.j

post-68215-0-38377300-1416603791_thumb.j

post-68215-0-54343600-1416603850_thumb.j

Nice looking piece! I note that your wish list is all chronos. Consider having them serviced as the A7750 can be troublesome...... Even then, treat them carefully. Do some research on the movement use and care in these forums....

thanks, yes I like cronos only really for the aesthetics. I will look for a watchsmith in the uk that can / is willing to service. I am trying to read up as much as possible on the forum but it seems there is lots to learn! i even googled horological training today... checking out courses to learn myself.

LOL!   I forgot how to use a slide-rule about 30 years ago!    ;-)

I can see that the E6B beazel is not correct. It is not aligned with the red marks. Easy way to spot a rep and you will not be able to make (correct) calculations with it!

ME

LOL!   I forgot how to use a slide-rule about 30 years ago!    ;-)

Cool!

You should try to use it again then!

Today it is even more cool to use! It is a really show-factor!

Nobody can even guess that you can do calculations with your wristwatch! It is far more cool than using the calculator on your mobile phone!

Try!

(But you will need a slide ruler that is correct!)

ME

I can see that the E6B beazel is not correct. It is not aligned with the red marks. Easy way to spot a rep and you will not be able to make (correct) calculations with it!

ME

Hi can you explain further? as far as i can tell seems correct! thanks

Hi can you explain further? as far as i can tell seems correct! thanks

Yepp. take a look at the site mentioned above.

You will need some patience to learn to use the slide ruler but it is not difficult. And it is very cool!

(I had a Chase Durer with the same function. Very cool!) It is quite easy to multiply and divide. In the default position it will be showing the list of 1*1=1, 1*2=2 etc....

The red "10" on slide ruler is pointing to red "10" on dial. Then the red "60" is on top/12. (If these are not corresponding the calculations will of course not be correct!

Follow the scale on the dial to "20". That is some past 6 o'clock. Now the 20 will show the calculation 2*1=2 (2 is multiplied with 1 because it is turned to 10 on the red marked 10 on the dial). Look up to "35" on the dial (about 9 o'cloc). That will be 3,5 * 1 = 3,5 (read out on the outer slide ruler again!)

Now turn the slide ruler so the inner mark red 10 is pointing to 20. Then you will have 1*2=2 on the "10" mark.

Do it backwards and you will diviIde!

There you have the basic!

Have fun and learn more!

(But it requires the slide ruler is correct)

Good luck!!

ME

The slide - rule is on... when the outside 60 arrow is lined up with the inside black mph arrow everything is lined up. I can do the multiplication calculations, this rep has just got a whole lot cooler now i have lots to learn :-

might need a pilots licence next  ;)

• Like 1