When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling navitimer world a24322

MathieuNL

Hello,

I bought a breitling navitimer world about one month ago and i received it two days ago.

I would like o show you how its looks an ask a few questions about is since its my first watch,

There is quite a bit dirt underneeth the glass so

I would like to have it cleaned. So i,m wondering if this is easy to do (with the right tools for it) or if a watch smith has to do it.

And the second hand does not sweep back to 12 when i reset it. When i reset it it jumps to around 7 past 12. Is this easy to solve of should i just leave it.

Also i have seen people say that the minute totalizer does not work on this watch, it seems that mine does work. And the hours totalizer works too.

I would love to hear your opinions about it!

Greets,

post-63838-0-23742200-1417279902_thumb.j

post-63838-0-90723700-1417279926_thumb.j

post-63838-0-89368700-1417279944_thumb.j

post-63838-0-83297600-1417279963_thumb.j

"Also i have seen people say that the minute totalizer does not work on this watch, it seems that mine does work. And the hours totalizer works too."

Think you are confused with the normal updated navitimer. On the world they work

Also looks like the hand needs reseating or the pinion is too loose of the chrono hand. You could run it a minute and stop it at 12 or have it fixed

• 4 weeks later...

Yes you are correct the hands are not alligned perfectly but that doesn,t bother me that much.

I tried to run de chronograph hand a minute and stopped it at 12. This worked well untill now, The hand still runs if i place it on a flat surface and push the start button. But if i tilt the watch the hand just swings around.

Is this an easy fix for a watch smit or could i do this myself?

Kind regards,