When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with QC pics for Seamaster 300 2014

kowalski608

Gents,

I'm going through the QC process with TW-Andrew.  The lume picture he sent seems OK, need to confirm the lume.

I send the following pictures to TW with the lines drawn in.  I provided the feedback you all gave, and he said that the bezel and dial are straight, and that the pictures are dead center.  I asked for a center picture, and he said he would not provide it.  Does all of this add up? Please help, I haven't done this sort of back and forth during the QC process, I don't want to be too demanding either.

post-20412-0-07527300-1417637106_thumb.g

post-20412-0-08926500-1417637122_thumb.g

Cheers!

The pictures speak for themselves. Something is definitely wrong with the alignment between the dial and the bezel. If this is what you sent to Andrew, I'm not sure how he can disputed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys,

I got these two new QC pictures.  I want to get your all's opinion, do you think the dial is a bit shifted upwards towards the 50 or 55 way point on the bezel.  The second marks on the dial look like they are touching that side of the case/bezel more than the 20 number on the bezel.  The dial and second markets near the beze at 20 looks like there is a gap, while on the opposite side (near 50 and 55 on the bezel it is touching).  is it just the angle or is it off center? 

post-20412-0-53356400-1417656245_thumb.j

post-20412-0-50771500-1417656261_thumb.j

I think your concern is definitely the angle of the photo. I'm still wondering about the alignment of the 30 on the bezel with the 6 marker in the dial. The pip looks perfectly aligned and the 30 looks off the the right by quite a bit.

Again though it might just be the angle. Lighting could be better but the rest of the bezel looks to be aligned properly. Strange.

While I'd be pissed, we also have to realize this ain't Best Buy we are dealing with. In truth, it seems like everyone who has this rep is thrilled with it. Maybe we are all being fooled by the photo angles and the TD is getting justifiably frustrated.

I have seen the rep of this, and the bezel when turned does move side to side leaving gaps between bezel and crystal, maybe in the QC pics it just needs one more turn to align, I may be wrong though.

What would you do if you got the following response to the bezel comment:

"The QC pics is to verify that model is correct and not for nitpicking"

I have mixed feelings about this.  I can understand the dealers POV but I'd also hope that they would check for these things before purchasing the watch.  A shot from a different angle might help confirm the misalignment.  Who did you purchase from?

never buy from andrew at trusty time - funnily enough he doesn't have TIME after he has taken your munny!

About 3 months ago, I would have been the first to jump to TT/Andrews defence, but of late something's changed and I ordered 2 watches that bore no resemblance to what he showed on his website and I also got the same "nitpicking" comments, it ended with me getting a refund and that insight put me off dealing with him again. There's a lot of good dealers out there, some aren't TDs on here but are still brilliant to deal with and are patient when it goes wrong at the QC stage, Ryan @ Intime to name one.

I hope the OP got the watch and is happy with it, from the pictures posted, I don't think he will be, hopefully, he'll come comeback and confirm either way.

@KingBach

Totally unfair. I have purchased about 10 watches from trusty with one issue that was handled perfectly by Andrew.

He is getting a little comfortable with the amount that people compliment his service and dropping the level of customer arrive.

I bought two watches once and two were doa and we're not the right colour and one with a dead battery.

The issue is the angle of the pictures. Express this to the TD to clear up things and get some better pictures. 

This is why I deal with Sead/Supermirrors only, who doesn't even provide QC. The reason being is that he meticulously inspects all his watches for faults, as to not waste time with rejections. It's all about trust.