When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Playing around with case-back inner engraving...

jmb

Although it's never really mattered to me case-back inside engraving seems to get some folks worked up.  Usually on my watches my motto is, "If ya can't see it who gives a $hit!"  But, to accommodate these folks I ordered a batch of cases (and a few spare backs) with "sterile" case-backs.  I searched around the web and found some good pics of the factory engraving and worked up a program.  These case-backs don't have the "step" on the inside so they still don't look quite right but at least Switzerland is spelled correctly!  :rofl:

I need to get some engraving bits that are a bit "finer" but this is only apparent in the close-up...

post-24124-0-56936900-1419725280_thumb.j

What's wrong with Shiterland?

I have no idea as to why some folks object to this alternate spelling but it seems to really inflame their spleen and spikes their blood-pressure!

A quick question for everybody - Since the inside of the generic/rep case-backs do not have the angled "step" on the inside do the masses think it would be best to scale the engraving to the case-back size or keep it scaled proportionally to the gen size like this example?