When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Carpe Diem - our friend Cats

Nanuq

Dear friends and honored members of RWG, I am very sorry to say I have sad news about our friend Cats.

Cats was a gentleman named Bert Jager who lived in the Netherlands.  He had a treasured son named Pim.  After a long struggle with cancer, Bert succumbed to the disease on November 18th of this year.

Bert was a gentleman and a well respected member of our small community, one of the earliest members here after we migrated from the "old" RWG, with nearly 8 years, and nearly 4,000 thoughtful posts.

Bert had a kind word for everyone and his life epitomized optimism.  Even in his final posts here he spoke of the joy of spending time with his son.  His signature was simple, and a challenge to us all.  "Carpe Diem".  Seize the Day.

Thank you all for your many kind words of encouragement to Bert.  If you would like, there is a web site where you can leave words of encouragement for Pim.  I'm sure he will treasure those in the years to come:

http://www.mensenlinq.nl/overlijdensberichten/bert-jager-6023175

There is also contact information where you may send written regards that will be delivered to the family:

Uitvaartbegeleiding in Harmonie

T.a.v. familie Jager

Oude Lind 35, 5046 AL Tilburg

Netherlands

Thank you all for your stalwart support of this good man.

"We few, we happy few ... we band of brothers".

Carpe Diem,

Nanuq

• Like 4

Truly a sad sad news

I hope he Got to see hes sig name cat on my helmet Down here In Kuwait picture i sent him but im not sure

May he rest In peace a really positive guy right to The end

All my Best wishes for he's kid no matter what age its always hard to lose a father

Oh this saddens me very much.  My condolences and blessings to his family and those close to him.  May you rest in peace Cats.  

While not engaged with him personally, I have followed this via the forum and I have much respect for the thoughtfulness and kindness of this community.  What an awesome display of compassion. 

--------

That sucks!!

Cancer is the biggest killer in my family lines also.. I hope I make it to 60 at least..

Rest now Cats! No more chem treatments and no more radiation.. Just peace.

Cats will always be remembered as a brave warrior, loving father, and most of all, a man who never stopped living and loving till the end.

Carpe Diem indeed, each day we live brings us closer to our final curtain, but between now and then, may each of us find meaning in our daily existence, and make life better for others who cross our paths.

The legacy of a man lies not in how rich and powerful he becomes, but by how he changes the world and others for the better.

Rest in peace Cats. I'll not forget the lessons you left behind.

Sent from Mars using tapatalk