When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ordered from InTime.co (Having Problems)

wiz83

Ask jordan to send you the timegrapher pic and post it here ;)

Oh, that timegrapher thing to check for accuracy. Didn't know they do that for reps, but I've just sent him an email asking for a pic with timegrapher. :)

Let's hope it's +-0 sec a day ... hehehe ...

Anyway, what's acceptable ? anything within COSC range of -4 +6 sec ?

Edited by wiz83

Oh, that timegrapher thing to check for accuracy. Didn't know they do that for reps, but I've just sent him an email asking for a pic with timegrapher. :)

http://www.rwgforum.net/index.php?/topic/143934-How-to-Read-Timegrapher-Results
  • Like 1

369: Thanks for the help.

Just wanted to make sure, the guide says that the amplitude should be below 310, and my watch is at 314. It says anything above should be serviced/replaced. How will that affect my movement ?

Also, when you mentioned that the movement will be stabilized after a week on my wrist, what exactly is happening ? Just want to understand better.

I've already emailed Jordan telling him that I'm happy with the watch and that he could arrange to have it shipped out ASAP.

Again, great help, and thanks.

My best buddy told me he'll look at the actual watch, if it looks good, he's going to buy one too. :)

And another picture of the new DW I've received and analyzed, it does seem to look like I'm the lucky one regarding the slanted DW on V7 Divers. It looks pretty straight to me.

DW_LATEST.jpg

Dude. Quit obsessing.

That is a good looking watch, and the movement is showing 0 beat error. That amplitude can be described as healthy, not too high. Without movement pics, I would say it looks like you probably have an ST 2130 in there which has a stainless mainspring, and tends to have a higher amplitude when running well because of this.

Find a good watchmaker and get it serviced, it will be dirty. Obsess about that, and it will run forever.

As what 369 said, the timegrapher numbers are an indication of the movement health. 

Forget about 0 sec/day deviation. Not common even in gens. 

Your timegrapher will likely show figures between -20 to +20 sec. That is acceptable. Remember that this could change in the course of shipping too, so don't fret too much about it. A regulation and service would take care of this.

Beat error and amplitude are of more concern than the timekeeping accuracy.

And forget about COSC standards in reps, :lol:

Having said that, the reps I own do keep reasonably good time. We just need to be realistic about expectations.

I'm still learning by the day ... hopefully I won't be having as much questions when I decide to purchase another rep after this ... :)

As long as you're polite, I'm committed to help you. Pleasure sir

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Come on guys...this is his first rep!!! He must learn a lot of things :) It's a very nice watch and the movement works fine!Thanks @Legend...you said all he needs to know!

And we all remember our first reps don't we. ;)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

I've been as polite as polite could have been. Hehe ...

Anyway, I've confirmed with Ryan that the watch is okay to be shipped out, will keep you guys updated and post some pictures when I receive it.

Cheers ...

Glad you got it sorted out. :) The Diver is a really nice watch. I think that it's the way to go for your first AP. Buy a diver wear it, see how you like the shape, size and fit. After you are around a while, and your knowledge level is better, then you can venture into the ROO chronos. Hopefully by that time you will know which ones you like. which ones are the most gen-like and hopefully by then you will have lined up a repair person who can service your A7750 movement when it dies!!! :huh:

What is lacking these days is a feed back loop to allow those growing up to grow a clue about what reasonable expectations are. Not just for reps.

No one here has been impolite. Except those who might suggest others aren't because they point out misconceptions that cause aggravation for all involved, and many that aren't.

Received watch today, and man, I'm SHOCKED ... SURPRISED ... at how well a rep could be ... it looks almost just like a gen ...

I've found only 3 flaws ... which is very minute, and I can't complain ...

1. The lumes on the numbers aren't spread nicely. There is a bit of smearing, very minimal. But it is not noticable unless looked at closely, within 1 palm's distance. Especially on the 50's '5'. But like I said, it's so minor that I won't be able to notice unless looked really close.

2. The rubber strap on the top is loose, whereas the strap on the bottom is snug/tight. Upon inspection, I've found out that the screws are loose. After I tighten it, it is still loose. There is a gap between the strap and the watch's body. So what I did was unscrew both the top and bottom straps, and took them out, only to realise that the bottom part's metal part from the strap is very tight, I needed to apply pressure to adhere it back to the watch's body. This thing bothered me a little (just a little), because after I tighten it, the top strap has a noticeable gap, whereas the bottom part has no gap at all. I would like to know if other members are having this issue ? Is there a way to fix it ? If not, I could live with it, but I'd prefer to fix it, though. :)

3. Upon really close inspection, on the 2 crowns, I've found on the corners the plastic mould's joints. Again, not complaining, just minor details that I've found out.

The above are just minor details that I've found, I don't own a gen Diver, but I do have a gen Safari, and by comparing both of these, if I don't go looking at the details/crowns/etc. closer than a palm's range, I don't think I could tell if it's gen or rep.

But overall, I'm very happy with the build, super happy to be more precise, and I'm shocked at how well a $400 watch could replicate as closely to a close to $18,000 watch.

This is my first rep, and probably won't be my last. I'm starting to look at Hublots.

And kudos to InTime.co, I'll be purchasing my next rep soon, most probably a Hublot, within the next 1 week. I'm doing myself an intensive research.

As promised, here's the pictures ... :)

IMG_20150116_WA0021.jpg

IMG_20150116_WA0032.jpg

IMG_20150116_WA0049.jpg

IMG_20150116_WA0051.jpg

IMG_1421399699278_V.jpg

IMG_1421399713146_V.jpg

I'm very happy with it. But I've sold it to my best friend, because he was so surprised at the quality of the watch. I'm going to buy another one. But I'm looking at a Hublot Big Bang right now. Need to do my research on it. Hehehe ...