When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWI forum - I'm banned?

Snoobert

Fellow members, I'm "was" also a member on RWI but this morning my access has gone and the only response I get is "member banned, duration permanent, reason- posting rep on gen forum"

This has me completely bemused!

The only gen forum I'm a member of is the Rolex Forum and the only posts I've made pertain to my gen sub and a crystal case back I was after. My attempts to question this have been fruitless as there was no resolution process and I can't access the forum at all!

Any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest kingfrog

Fellow members, I'm "was" also a member on RWI but this morning my access has gone and the only response I get is "member banned, duration permanent, reason- posting rep on gen forum"

This has me completely bemused!

The only gen forum I'm a member of is the Rolex Forum and the only posts I've made pertain to my gen sub and a crystal case back I was after. My attempts to question this have been fruitless as there was no resolution process and I can't access the forum at all!

Any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Club..Sensitive group over there. LOL  I am a member of the RF and Breitling Source. No issues. They busted my balls and I busted back as with RepGeek. AS if being banned from a counterfeit watch site is the end of the world."

Tips...Let it go. This is as good or better as it has a gen section

I would not sweat it. I don't wear Reps anymore since I bought the Gen Rolex except to test drive a copy of the gen I am interested iin buying. I do buy them to "test drive" before buying the real thing. Then if I like them, I buy the Gen if not they go in the trash. I refuse to sell them as I found out it was not illegal to own but is illegal to sell in the CONUS. So a few hundred dollar is not worth the effort and the rules..... I bought a $6000 Sub on RF with no issues paying with PP. and yet so many rep dealers are scared to death to use PP for a $200 piece.  

I have my dealers in place now if I want to buy a Rep. I won't spend over $250 for any rep though. I would never order 7750 Movement in a Rep.

There are too many really nice Citizens and Seikos for $300+ out there I would rather own. The only Gens I am interested in is the Rolex which i bought and the Breitling which I am hunting for the rest of my collection consistes of Seiko, Citizen, Ritmo, (love that one) and some other <$1400 brands and unique stuff 

This site is all you need. They all have the same dealers and subject matter. This is the least hostile to noobs. Don't forget you can still view the RWI forums. Or you can use a VPN service and re register.

At the end of the day there is nothing like wearing a gen whether a Rolex or Citizen, I don't really understand the rep "hobby"  and spending thousands on a bunch of reps that may or may not last unless one is building their own watches, That I respect.   Homage watches are great. I

Guest kingfrog

Since I operate from behind a paid VPN Service, I can be from any where and can re register if I choose to. That site is not worth it. RepGeeks is worse. The way they handle Noobs is rude and they have an air of Condescension I mean  for a Counterfeit watch Forum. I find that kind of treatment  laughable They take themselves far too seriously. The whole hobby is built on deceit and illegal activity!!!

kingfrog

Why are you here?

Actually,

forget I asked.

The reason is fairly obvious from your last post.

You are a troll.

This seems like a good solution, :ban:

It seems to be the top choice by all the other rep forums to deal with you.( under your various alias )

• Like 1

I don't think expecting a new member to have only one log in is asking too much. The others don't have the same dealers and they definitely don't have the same content. This site has excellent vintage Rolex and is probably the best for that but there's no need to belittle the other sites. They have a lot to offer and they certainly have a lot more and some of the better TD's that aren't listed here.

Guest kingfrog

To Bust your balls...... Because its all about you ya know....

But seriously this site is MUCH better than RWI and REP GEEKS.   ALL watches are good here. There are not a lot of people like you here either. You belong at RWI You fit right in there. I call it like I see it. It is what it is. 

Edited by kingfrog

I agree with you that RWG is the least "ban-happy" among the 3-4 major rep watch forums, and yes I agree with your later post that we sometimes take ourselves too seriously. Sometimes, but not always. I would classify the majority of measures in place as "necessary prudence".

Welcome to RWG, and regardless of your proclivity toward gens, meaningful contributions by fellow watch collector/enthusiast are always appreciated. RWG is a platform to share knowledge, forge friendships, and trade watches. I respect your point of view about wearing gens vs reps. A lot of us here own both gens and reps, and trust me when I tell you that among the gen owners, some of us own very high value genuine watches. The common thing that binds us is horological interest and this is like a virtual cafe where we check in, enjoy the company and enjoy the conversations.

I respect differences in opinions, cultures and values as long as they are not offensive or blatantly disrespectful. Where people gather, friction occurs. The key to a harmonious and pleasant community is not herd mentality, but respecting, enjoying, and learning from the differences. 

For example, I would be keen to hear from you, regarding your constructive opinion on the wearing the gen and rep submariners, instead of just saying "Oh, the rep is crap and miles off" :lol:

You could share the variations of quality in detail and we could learn from yet another new and informed source.

I enjoy constructive learning, and I would share whenever my time and schedule allows it.

Like what I would tell some new guys, you have as much right to be here as I do, and I hope that you could contribute meaningfully during your stay here.

I wish you a good day ahead. :)

Since I operate from behind a paid VPN Service, I can be from any where and can re register if I choose to. That site is not worth it. RepGeeks is worse. The way they handle Noobs is rude and they have an air of Condescension I mean &nbsp;for a Counterfeit watch Forum. I find that kind of treatment &nbsp;laughable They take themselves far too seriously. The whole hobby is built on deceit and illegal activity!!!

Welcome & be aware that having multiple accounts may get you banned here as well. So please read & adhere to our Rules (making note of item 9).

• Like 1

Guest kingfrog

Welcome & be aware that having multiple accounts may get you banned here as well. So please read & adhere to our Rules (making note of item 9).

I have no reason to use multiple accounts. I was not using multiple accounts on any Forum. Alla VN does is allow Re registration from a different ISP..IF one account is banned another can be registered if necessary to complete some business. 

Guest kingfrog

I agree with you that RWG is the least "ban-happy" among the 3-4 major rep watch forums, and yes I agree with your later post that we sometimes take ourselves too seriously. Sometimes, but not always. I would classify the majority of measures in place as "necessary prudence".

Welcome to RWG, and regardless of your proclivity toward gens, meaningful contributions by fellow watch collector/enthusiast are always appreciated. RWG is a platform to share knowledge, forge friendships, and trade watches. I respect your point of view about wearing gens vs reps. A lot of us here own both gens and reps, and trust me when I tell you that among the gen owners, some of us own very high value genuine watches. The common thing that binds us is horological interest and this is like a virtual cafe where we check in, enjoy the company and enjoy the conversations.

I respect differences in opinions, cultures and values as long as they are not offensive or blatantly disrespectful. Where people gather, friction occurs. The key to a harmonious and pleasant community is not herd mentality, but respecting, enjoying, and learning from the differences. 

For example, I would be keen to hear from you, regarding your constructive opinion on the wearing the gen and rep submariners, instead of just saying "Oh, the rep is crap and miles off" :lol:

You could share the variations of quality in detail and we could learn from yet another new and informed source.

I enjoy constructive learning, and I would share whenever my time and schedule allows it.

Like what I would tell some new guys, you have as much right to be here as I do, and I hope that you could contribute meaningfully during your stay here.

I wish you a good day ahead. :)

Thank you for your reply, you are right, and I apologize, and this is why I like this Site, Replies to controversial posts are genuine and not condescending.  I am conflicted by the idea of a replica as a counterfeit (too much time on Gen forums)  and as a way to really test drive a watch

You make great points and I "get it" I came into this hobby out of boredom. I retired early bought my bucket list Corvette and Harley LOL and found an old (20  year old Yacht Master I bought on Canal Street in NYC) in a box in the attic,  I loved the  look of the watch > I did not care what the dial said, but the watch was a really bad rep . I was embarrassed and rightfully humiliated by a gen owner publicly on a plane and stopped wearing it. I searched for and found the Seiko SS with white face and wore that as it look close enough to the design of the YM 

Since then I always wanted to be "the guy" with the real thing. Not until recently could I just go and buy one, I then happened upon RWI and thought maybe I should buy a few gens to see if I really want the real thing. I bought s Hublot first because it was the cheapest and the best rep (Non Chrono) Plus no one I know knows that watch so being called out was not a worry. I liked it so much I bought another for the wife. It is a quality piece (non Chrono) I wish it wasn't a replica.

Of ALL the watches made the only gen I really wanted was the most replicated watch and the watch with the best value and liquidity. The Rolex Submariner Date. If any watch was going to be the real thing THAT watch would be it. I never wanted to be outed again for wearing a well know rep. So I bought a $160 Sub from WBK (he has the least expensive reps) I didn't care if it was perfect as I was only test driving it. I wore it for a few weeks. I liked the watch but did not like the cyclops and having to set the date,

What That REP did for me is save me $1000.....(and cost me $2000) Previous to it,  I was looking at used older Subs on the Rolex Forums. The glide lock clasp and solid links sold me on a late model ND. I found one for sale by a TD in the RF that was brand new last Sept from an AD. MSRP plus tax $8000!!!) I bought it for $6100 using PayPal and LOVE wearing it. There is nothing like wearing a gen. These are emotional decisions (Like a Corvette) not logical, so wearing a Gen is very emotionally satisfying as anyone who has one will attest to or they sell them and buy reps

The Hublot is nice but i KNOW its a fake so I don't feel the same wearing it even though I love that design and am currently looking for a Homage of it. 

I then decided I kind of like the whole watch thing and started looking at Gen Breitlings. But realized they do not hold value like Rolex so I looked for a lookalike in a Citizen and found one. 

(I recently found and ordered a rep of a Steel fish from InTime  because it was a non chrono and only $200. I want to wear it to see if I really want the real thing as well).  

My personal rule is if it cost more than $200 find a EcoDrive , Seiko or Bulova that comes close. I will likely buy a gen Breitling when I find the one I want at Costco. (Costco has a lifetime satisfaction guarantee I confirmed via email with them, which will work well with a Chronograph).  Then a few days ago I hit the mother load of unique and interesting watches on AliExpress. Plus the Panaris Homages. I ordered eight watches for $120. So I know how cheap the Chinese can make these watches. I am sure many have the same movements.I am also sure these are th same movements found in Wal Mart Armitron watches for $20. So They would at least work as well as an Armitron. 

So I ordered a 12 watch box. and a few rubber and deployment leather bands. I will be knee deep in interesting watches as they trickle in over the next couple months, I have come to love collecting these things but not so much the Reps.

I don't ever want to be outed again for wearing a REP. There is no upside for me. I felt I looked like someone who was trying to project an image I could not afford. So Homages would work for me as they have the DESIGNS I prefer without the Branding.  I don't know what I will do with my Reps when I replace them. I won't sell them because that is illegal and I don't need the headache or the money they would generate. I don't want to give them away because I don't want someone getting robbed and possibly hurt flashing a fake "expensive" watch around. 

So I may not take replicas as seriously as most as I only buy them to test drive before spending the big bucks. I won't buy $300 risky Reps when I can get an excellent EcoDrive or Bulova for that kind of bread. I also will be ordering a Ritmo Mundo soon which is a really unique watch under $1000. $300 Seikos and Citizens are throwaway watches when they go bad. $5000 Breitlings are serviceable at $700 (Which is why if I buy a Breitling it will be at Costco. They will fix or refund the watch as long as I own it. 

If I run into someone with a rep and they admittedly say its a rep because "they were not stupid enough to drop $8000" on the real thing, I will reply "I understand, but for me $8000 is not  as much money as it is to them so buying the real thing is the best option for me".

Guest kingfrog

?

+ 1 with Legend

+ 1 with freddy333

@kingfrog "...complete some business"?

Forget it my dear. You seem to manage to ruin your reputation here already.

Good luck  :partytime:

Apparently you don't understand. If you have not seen it by now,  I really do not care what people in the hobby of wearing replica watches think of me. I m not here to make life long friends. 

I won't be buying M2M  or selling any here.  I buy from InTime and Trusty when I want to test drive a watch. I have a method to my own interest in these watches. I have nothing to prove. Hell I can wear all replicas in my life today and no one I know would suspect they are replicas because I can afford the real thing. But I KNOW.....and that would bug me. I did not bust my ass and take risks and invest to live a phony life. When I lok at my gens I say to myself "Good job" You did well with little.

. I am not here to gain "reputation" I am not here to teach, or wheel and deal.  I am here to read and learn what NOT to buy such as the A7750 or any chronograph But more than that I find it interesting to read and learn why people are so interested in wearing watches imitating the real thing. What is the reason? Do they want people to think they have money?  Do they want to project an image they cannot afford or choose not to pay for?  How they react when called out. This is not much different then what a friend of mine who wears a hairpiece goes through and their forums. Fake is fake no matter what it is.  In both cases I think people have to come to grips with reality and not take themselves  so seriously,  

Many Replica watch buyers expect too much.  I will never understand paying $400-$1000 for a replica. I do question that and people get  upset but There are a ton of really nice watches in that price range. I just sent $200 to InTime for a watch. I may or may not get it. In either case I know the risks and can afford to take them without whining to mods or stopping payments.

Edited by kingfrog

Too late for that!   Your reputation is cast in cement already.

Can I afford a $6,000 Rolex?   Sure I can.    Can I afford GEN versions of all 17 reps I have?   No I cannot.   

Do I try to pass my reps off as gens when asked?    NEVER.

Why do I find myself drawn to this hobby?   Because a $6,000 Rolex Submariner is a farce in my view.   A stainless steel sub is a great $500 watch, but not worth anywhere near $6,000 in any sense of reasonability.   I refuse to make Rolex super rich on my back.   A well made rep sub, with proper service and treatment can be 95% of the gen, @ 10% (or less) of the cost.   The current 1:1 reps are amazingly well made, especially for what they cost.    I enjoy having a well made mechanical watch on my wrist, without having to spend a small fortune, only to line someone else's pockets.

Part of the challenge in this hobby is to have a high quality piece, for a fraction of the GEN cost.........

. I am not here to gain "reputation"

Apparently you don't understand. If you have not seen it by now,  I really do not care what people in the hobby of wearing replica watches think of me. I m not here to make life long friends. 

I won't be buying M2M  or selling any here.  I buy from InTime and Trusty when I want to test drive a watch. I have a method to my own interest in these watches. I have nothing to prove. Hell I can wear all replicas in my life today and no one I know would suspect they are replicas because I can afford the real thing. But I KNOW.....and that would bug me. I did not bust my ass and take risks and invest to live a phony life. When I lok at my gens I say to myself "Good job" You did well with little.

. I am not here to gain "reputation" I am not here to teach, or wheel and deal.  I am here to read and learn what NOT to buy such as the A7750 or any chronograph But more than that I find it interesting to read and learn why people are so interested in wearing watches imitating the real thing. What is the reason? Do they want people to think they have money?  Do they want to project an image they cannot afford or choose not to pay for?  How they react when called out. This is not much different then what a friend of mine who wears a hairpiece goes through and their forums. Fake is fake no matter what it is.  In both cases I think people have to come to grips with reality and not take themselves  so seriously,  

Many Replica watch buyers expect too much.  I will never understand paying $400-$1000 for a replica. I do question that and people get  upset but There are a ton of really nice watches in that price range. I just sent $200 to InTime for a watch. I may or may not get it. In either case I know the risks and can afford to take them without whining to mods or stopping payments.

You're funny and probably such a wealthy man that it is an honor to have you here for a couple of days.  :clap2:

Let me guess: you have ten high end cars in the garage of your mansion too ?

Guest kingfrog

You're funny and probably such a wealthy man that it is an honor to have you here for a couple of days.  :clap2:

Let me guess: you have ten high end cars in the garage of your mansion too ?

No Just debt free , retired at 54 with more income than we need every month and an IRA that will likely be passed down. Four cars 12RAV 14 CRV  08Corvette, 10Tacoma. 14 Harley , and a small boat out back. Paid off home..Nothing special. I probably have less than most here, I made it my goal at 20 to retire at 55. Didn't take much starting that early. But I never had a new car until I was retired. Invested when others were selling. Took risks. Lived well below our means. 

You don't need to be a millionaire to afford a gen Rolex Sub ND..Anyone who bought a $6000 car could buy one.