When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stingray/Python cord bracelet with AP

doc0005

Doc, unfortunately if you haven't got patent/ copyright protection, I'm afraid that you really don't have a case.

One problem, you may be able to patent the design, but you, yourself are in violation of copyright laws as I'm sure the AP logo is already copyrighted by Audemars.

Another thing, while the guy is wrong for blatantly lifting your photo and using it as a base for his project, it resembles lots of bracelets that you might find on EBay and in various jewelry outlets.

If he is willing to buy a large quantity of the bracelets, I'm sure he will find a manufacturer in China to build them for him. I realize as well that what he wants will not even be close to what you made both in quality and workmanship, but I believe he is looking for the WalMart version and yours is Cartier!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2b27b7c7e55b040ae47981b5e3da2868.jpg

cf771f938b027d3a216e3278a6f852d6.jpg

My design is stolen.

Sent from my iPhone 6G using Tapatalk

Funny, I'm sure I heard Rolex, panerai, AP and the rest of the watchmakers say the same. :lol:

No doubt the design could be yours. But the brand you are building the design on most certainly is not. I doubt you have a case there doc.

Besides, isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery? ;)

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

I would bet that the bracelets this guy on is looking for are not really competition. Yours were constructed of the finest materials, fine grade diamonds, etc. I would bet that these will be gold plated, cubic zirconium, and while superficially similar, on close examination, just not the same.

Another point, since you have to this point not offered your bracelets for sale, what this guy does is rather a moot point. He isn't taking sales away from you, because you have no product to sell. Possibly you have or had plans to market your bracelets, but from every indication I got from your previous posts, this was a personal project and you weren't interested in producing them for sale.

• Like 1

Anyway. The idea is my. Design is my. Invested time and money to this. The minimum is to ask me to make this! Every one know this is my design. I was surprised this american guy attitude. No fairness on such forums. I'm still designing very different contemporary staff, bracelets, rings, wallets, belt buckle and products for apple. There is the reason not publish here and there. BTW stopped dealing with replicas and buying only originals.

47 minutes ago, doc0005 said:

Anyway. The idea is my. Design is my. Invested time and money to this. The minimum is to ask me to make this! Every one know this is my design. I was surprised this american guy attitude. No fairness on such forums. I'm still designing very different contemporary staff, bracelets, rings, wallets, belt buckle and products for apple. There is the reason not publish here and there. BTW stopped dealing with replicas and buying only originals.

yes there is no dispute that the design is yours. 

But like I said, good luck trying to sue the chinese for any copyright infringements! It would cost you a lot of money and probably end up nowhere. ;)

Doc, I'm not disagreeing with you that the guy is probably a scumbag that stole your design. No one is disputing that. But the fact is unless you have a copyright and or a patent on a design, it's unprotected. That's why corporations copyright everything before it gets out in the public domain. And to add to that, you are using Audemars Piguet's copyrighted logo, which in a sense makes your design illegal. Now if your bracelets were plain, and had no brand logos, then you could register the design, provided they weren't already taken.

Another point, going back to your original threads several months ago, it seems like there was a lot of interest in your designs. If I remember correctly quite a few members asked you about making them a bracelet, and again if my memory serves me, you were very non committal, and in fact said that you were not going to make these to sell, as they were for your personal collection. In fact I was one who was interested, and asked about making them in sterling silver to get the price down where more people could afford them.

My final point, it seems like you are painting the forums with a very broad brush, when you say there is no fairness on the forums. You are implicating the forum when in fact this is the work of one individual, who may or may not be a forum member. It could have been someone passing through who saw your thread and liked the bracelets. This is and open forum, we have no control over who visits.

Good luck with trying to stop the Chinese from making these. If the price and volume are there, I would suspect that someone will agree to make them. If the Chinese scoff at the copyrights owned by Rolex, AP, Omega and every other major watch maker as well as every luxury goods manufacturer, you don't have much of a chance to stop the manufacturing of your bracelets.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
@Doc. If you are ready to sell tell me. I'm ready to buy. Awesome work! I like your design.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Good luck!!! He hasn't been around for a while. Quite a few others were interested, but he never made any overtures toward interested parties.