When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM Pre-V 202/a photoshoot :)

fitch

Hi guys,

I think everything has been said about the dial that makes this set *pop*

for me it is

*perfection*

and I'm soo happy with it, I hope you enjoy my pictures :)

W0lf Pre-V caseset with Rolli's custom PVD coating

Rolli/FGD Pre-V 202/a dialset

Gen swiss movement

Dirk Pre-V style strap

C3 Crystal

David Wong Caseback

202-1.jpg

202-2.jpg

202-3.jpg

202-4.jpg

202-5.jpg

202-6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful builds.

Interesting to me how shiny the indices are on the first set of photos.

I've seen lots of gen photos over the years and never noticed them catch light so much at the borders of the numerical indices.

Perhaps it's the top layer that is used on these dials that gives them such a bright finish?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The glossiness comes from the natural tree resin varnish (uv820) which is highly glossy when newly applied. This is mixed with the lume powder in a special ratio before it is used to fill the indices. Over time the glossy finish dulls out (and discolors) :)

That's the really cool thing about these dials. They are finished with the same UV 820 varnish as the gens. Based on some research I've done, I've learned that this is a natural plant based resin that is not UV resistant. It will dull as it age over time as it is exposed to UV light.

Before these Rolli and FGD Dials were introduced, the best dial available were the Southy "museum grade" dials. He only made a handful of these beauties, and im lucky to own one. One of the key features on these dials is the glossy varnish fill and the dull tritium glow. I've never held a gen dial, but I know a few folks on HF that have and they swear this Southy dial is spot on to gen in terms of finish.

4BE4639E-C1E0-4F65-9020-19AC2F5FC92D.jpg

Long story short, the glossy indices look is meant to reproduce the look of a new dial. And I must say that if Southys dial is considered accurate, then the Rolli/FGD dial is the most accurate ever made.

Also it's important to note that the gloss isn't evident all the time. The light has to catch the dial just right for it to shine.

Wrist%206.jpg

Edited by Grimlocktime

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...