When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So I'm now banned from RWI too

SSTEEL

When will this crap end?  Not posted on there in quite a while, apart from recently updating my status about starting back to work today in my announcement thread about my mothers passing.  I guess this is the self promotion why I'm banned.

Had a few PM notifications in my email from there, so went to reply to them, (I replied to a few earlier this morning stating I'm not taking on any additional work until I clear my bank log, and linked them to my announcement as to why etc )and found the following welcoming me.

17201902063_902e4159d3_z.jpgBanned from RWI by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

Obviously the team on there have no compassion at all, but clear my private messages have been monitored, its been a hard first day back at work today as it is, but now this, it sucks.

Damn Micky, sorry to see this as I always thought you were quite helpful and had a good rep, especially compared to some of the other modders who have gone down in flames lately. But you really should have known you were already on very thin ice over there and even a mention of starting back to work was enough to bring too much attention to your modding business.

Anyhow, life goes on and we'll still know where to find you. Once again, so sorry about your mom. Mine passed away over 30 years ago and I still think of her often. Time eases the memories and what's left is just the love for all she has done for you.

• Like 1

Yeah, I guess letting the community know there I wasn't taking on any additional work due to my circumstances, and that my priority is to clear my back log etc first, this was what tipped the ban hammer.  Didn't see it as self promotion at the time of writing personally, just informing the community.

They (RWI) are a strange group for sure.   I pop in over there now and then and marvel at the overall confrontational culture.    Even their MTM sales forum is a haven for thread crappers.    Not a welcoming place, unless you are part of the inner circle, I suppose.

• Like 1

I got scammed by a member on RWI, with a case that a 5 year old could judge correctly...and I got banned, can't even decipher basic situations, bunch of [censored].

I'm not going to say anything related to the ban as I'm just a tech administrator at RWI and not an admin making decisions like this, BUT let me make this clear: the only admin having knowledge to read PM's is ME and it takes quite some work to read conversations from the database. There is NO plugin in RWI's system to read private messages as we respect the privacy of the members. I'm the only admin with database access to optimise it and fix problems. I can assure you the PM's where not monitored.

That's all I wanted to make clear, and like I said I'm not going into discussion about the banning as it's not my position to do so.

** This message may, or may not, be sent using Tapatalk **

• Like 1

They're clearly a bunch of assholes. They'll never see a dime of support from me. I made my point clear, but the clique is going to try and defend the egotistic moderator who imposed the ban.

• Like 1

I agree the ban seems harsh Micky, but like Mike has said it was only a matter of time before they gave you the boot over there, hey there are far worse places to be than right here mate  :inverted:

• Like 2

Indeed, their loss.  Its just that with things the way they are right now, it adds salt to the wounds so to speak.

I call it forced opportunity M.. ;)

You are now "forced" to deal with RWG guys, who are the most understanding and compassionate of the lot. 

I think its good that you are here, and I get a feeling that this would be a place you call home, if not already so. 

I will give you my support, and any assistance required, and I think you will have many happy customers here, from what I read. :)

Their loss M. What salt and what wounds again? :lol:

Thanks guys, Home is where the heart is, and the RWGF community have shown that this place has a heart.  When I get some time, I will contribute to the forums more with tutorials, and alike ;)

• Like 1