When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

replica water resistence

cavi

out of curiosity.  i have many seikos and bulovas and others that are waterproof, that I have gone swimming with.  So why are the replicas not able to be decently water proof enough to swim with.  I know that they are much less money than a genuine but still most are 200 to 700 dollars.  Which is more than alot of seikos that you can swim with?

Guest rg21044

A great many reps are waterproof. I have owned several including a PAM243 and a Breitling Superocean Abyss. The trouble is that it's a crapshoot. Get it tested at the local mall kiosk. If it isn't waterproof you may be able to make it so by adding a rubber gasket or some such thing.

No rep dealer will guarantee water resistance because the QC on these watches as they come out of the factories is nothing like that of even seiko. I have worn the 1016 that I built in the water quite a few times without any problem, but it is definitely a risk to take in the rep world. 

Most of the reps sold by trusted dealer can go in the water and even diving, I took a Tudor last month to Belize to 133 feet into the blue hole. I have dove with omega, Rolex sub and sea dweller 1665, bretling, omega, panerai even gmt Rolex. none of them have an issue going under water and I am not talking about a shower.

• Like 1

I agree with cib.....I own many reps and all them have been in the pool or ocean numerous times with zero issues. I've taken my grail watch the HUBLOT DIVER 4000 down 50ft in Bermuda with no problems. I order from Angus at Puretime because they offer a free pressure test and send you the pass results with the watch.