When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob vs Jf safari

now that the price is sorted.... :)

would anyone offer their opinion as to which is the "best buy" out of the box among the black, grey, blue themes and safari?

from what Ive read the black themes is the "best" choice. I really have liked the safari since it came out but scrolling threw all the AP picture thread you don't see many 2014 Safaris. make me wonder

As stated above, the Safari and the Black themes are the best of the four from Toro's offer when compared against gen. Grey + Blue colours are off.

I have read several times that the Noob Safari and the Black Themes are as nearly as good as the JF - for 200$ less it is a great deal.

If you go for a leather strap, you probably have to replace it for a "better" aftermarket strap ($130-250).

Edited by geestyleed

did a quick search and didnt see much about the differences.

Toro has the noobs on sale this month and wondering if a good buy?

thanks in advance

I've spent some time studying the noob vs jf vs gen for the 2014 safari

In brevity, I'll ask you to get the noob for the more accurate case. Strap wise, the jf is better but I'll recommend the noob over the jf for the crystal, datewheel surround, and dial quality.

The decorated jf movement could be a plus if you care for it, but if you have seen the gen, the jf movement decoration is still very far off and would never be mistaken for the gen except by those with serious myopia or no knowledge of AP watches. :)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk