When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PayPal - Cancellation of Payment

RolloRon

Don't cancel the payment, if you do you're pretty much out of the rep game. It's a ridiculous thing to do that negatively impacts the rest of us here. Talk to a moderator here and sort it out. If you have dealt with a TD then they would lose much more than they would gain by ripping you off.

Hi, normally the first step is to contact the TD and nicely ask for a refund. If You just didn´t like the first watch he showed You, normally You get to see a second and a third. There may well be 3 days to a week waiting time in between depending on the TD.

Next step is to contact a moderator and explain the situation if it did not work out. Avoid the direct PP way at all cost. 

Cancelling PayPal payments can mess with your PayPal account along with the TD's. Do not do it unless expressly advised to do so by a moderator.

Why is the order going sour? Maybe posting some information on here will get you some answers from forum members who've had similar experiences. Patience is key in this game, maybe the TD just needs more time to resolve whatever issues you/they are having.

I don't want to mention any details here (yet). I just wanted to know what my options were. I think I got the message pretty clear. Thanks again.

Without details you aren't going to get good advice. About everyone without details will tell you not to cancel payment if for a rep, you'll hardly find someone to be sympathetic to your cause. Basically I'm going to say, suck it up, you are taking part of a transaction dealing with illegal goods who the heck do you think you are to demand amazon.com like customer service anyway?

As others have said a PayPal dispute is a ban-able offense on the major rep boards. Never file one until a moderator approves it. Never even threaten one. Obviously you've gotten a lot of negative feedback, so you now know how wrong that tactic is viewed here.

Problems will happen from time-to-time. You'll need to learn to accept that sometimes things don't go smoothly if you want to stay in this hobby.

Trusted Dealers are trusted for a reason, and the board moderators have direct contact to them. They will help you resolve your issue. Rarely is there a problem that can't be solved.

Many "problems" from people new to the rep game involve either mis-communication, lack of patience, or an unfamiliarity with the reality of how the rep world really works. Most of the time people over-react to what's really happening and things spiral out of control when they don't have to. You should have kept this private until after going to the moderators. This procedure for handling issues with TD's is widely reported throughout all the major boards. If you didn't know this, then you haven't spent enough time looking around.

First of all, you only have about 30 mins to cancel a payment you've made with pp. Beyond that, you have to open a pp claim. That would be item not as described or not received. That puts everyones pp in danger. NEVER EVER FILE A CLAIM WITH PP UNTIL THE MODS TELL YOU TO!!!!!!!!   WHATEVER PROBLEM YOU THINK YOU HAVE, IT CAN BE WORKED OUT. YOU'RE NOT ALONE HERE. BUT, IF YOU USE PP FOR A DISPUTE, YOU WON'T BE HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE !!!!!

A bit harsh jpz! The guy is a noob who asked for advice. He SAYS he's going to follow the advice given above. Isn't this exactly what we want noobs to do? :confused:

Harsh? Not a bit. Blunt? Yes, who know if details were provided the tone might soften but as I'm part of the rep community im going to share my opinion and also I feel that guys need to change their expectations a bit. Second, he got a TD to grant him PayPal privileges. Don't think he's really a newbie, maybe new here but generally the TDs only give PayPal privileges to an established member in good standing...

Rollo can you elaborate a bit for us as yet?

It's hard to give any more advice without any details but threads like this also pose another problem for the forum as new members think we all just bash a Noob without cause, not true at all and to be fair we are pretty laid back here   :inverted:    

Eventually got back to me after almost 3 weeks. Had to re-order another watch as they couldn't supply original. I have tracking number now so should be arriving soon I hope. I guess things like this just happen sometimes. I don't want to mention the TD here as it may not be his fault.

Glad things look sorted out for you.

Something to keep in mind when approaching Reps.  Treat this very much like sitting down at a Black Jack Table / [insert gambling metaphor].  You may win some, you may loose some.  To be fair, the odds are in your favor when dealing with a TD.

NEVER use PP Buyer Protection if it can be avoided in the context of a TD.  You may have to take it on the chin for the greater community.