When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally Happened: The Wife is Raiding my Collection....

droptopman

Good morning,

As most of the regulars know, Matt was kind enough to build my wife a really nice franken 1002 a while back.  This build http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/177900-franken-1002-for-the-wife/?hl=1002.

She really loves the watch and wears it most days.  She asked me to get her a white strap, so when I asked Donerix to make the red one for the BC, I also asked him to make her a white Stingray.  So I put the white strap on it a couple of days ago and she digs it.  For some reason the custom strap has given her the bug.  Prior to this she has never shown much interest in wearing any of my pieces.  I think the strap changed her view on matching her clothes to a watch/strap.  So she asked me if she could use one of my black straps this morning on her 1002 but of course all mine are 20mm and do not fit.  So guess what, she is wearing my 5513 with black strap and white stitching today...I think this could get expensive.  She started naming off colors that she would like made.  

First she was eyeballing the 6538 and thankfully she choose the 5513.

Fortunately, I had already commissioned Matt to build a franken 16014 and I have a feeling that one may end up on her wrist much more than mine.  At least all my straps will fit it.     

• Like 1

Nice pics. Oh my even the tropical. Trish was eying the Big Crown this morning with the red strap but was wearing black and white. I will guess that someday soon I will see some red outfit.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy

Sttunning pam007 you are a lucky man and the watch is nice also! :notworthy::partytime:  I am lucky wife wears a deep blue ladies watch (diver) on rubber daily and for dress my gen carier tank which I can not wear anyway as to small. She doesn't even look at my stuff just puts by the computer if I leave around and gives me the evil eye for being messy. :bangin:

my wife not only has ZERO interest in my watches but looks at me like i'm a crazy person. TG

That has been the case in the past.  She really does not bother me about the hobby or question me about the expense.  Usually just asks if I am "watching it" when I am on the computer or my phone.  When the Big Crown arrived, I was all excited and got a "nice one" I started explaining the build and she fell asleep.  I think this new found interest only has to do with the straps and her handbag and shoe collection, which I encourage for my own selfish reasons.... 

I would never show my wife my collection.  She thinks I have 4 watches :whistling:

Yeah w 5 cars I have to hide most watches lately from Fiance bc she only likes the guys watches, so much for the diamond etc etce tc I bought in oast, lol they sit there...should just hock em and buy another 1 solid piece for myself for ya know, all my troubles its caused

• 4 weeks later...