When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question on V7 divers

Hey fellas, 

this may strike a few nerves etc... but I have done my searches etc... I am wanting to buy a V7 diver but want to ensure it is the V7 .. ive had a few dealers from another forum email me but some things look different but im not that well educated on these AP's 

looking for a V7 stainless diver with the decorated movement or closed back and I want a stainless bracelet with it... who do you suggest I deal with... there are just so many different "V7" variations listed on the TD's sites and I want to make sure im getting what im looking for. 

Cheers !

I see Andrew at Trusty posted a new version for sale on July 10th. http://www.twgtwg.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=13682

Questions: 

What version is this? (He does not state the version or factory in the listing and the question always comes up in resale)

Is this a fantasy version as it has the display caseback?  I thought AP divers in steel only had solid casebacks.  Did AP change the format? (His description is incorrect as well.  He states closed caseback, but the picture shows an exhibition caseback.

Please let me know your insight here.

Is this is one to buy if I am seeking best in class?

• 2 weeks later...

My v7 with the bracelet just arrived from Toro. It is very, very well done. It is much heavier than I expected coming from the FC version I just sold to a member here. One small issue not related to the quality is the somewhat limited bracelet sizing options. I took out 2 links and it was a tad loose to my liking. Meaning I could put my pointer finger through the gap too easily. I then took off a 3rd link and now it's a smidge tight. That is how I am wearing it now. There is no micro adjustment option so I'll have to figure out what is best. I think I will go back and add +1 one link to the '6' side. It might make the difference.

Good thing I bought the rubber strap and buckle too!

In summary, a remarkable piece for the price. Definitely one to put on the 'must own' list even if for a short while.

post-55555-0-28781000-1438275101_thumb.j

The v7 is absolutely the best available today. It is really nice out the box. I am certainly not an AP expert, but I do read a lot and look at photos!

I do own a V7 and in my estimation,mother only thing that would make this one better is to drop in a Tissot Powermatic 80 movement to achieve the slow beat movement like the gen.

1ceff2d4817c4a7300bf3393dad76689.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not too worried about the incorrect fast beat movement - no one's gonna call you out because your supposedly 20k watch "ticks" too smoothly.

What bothers me the most is that the hands are often a few shades whiter than the dial indices. Can make the watch look unbalanced.

I've sent mine to Kenny for a dial/hands re-lume to match.

A double AR crystal also makes a huuuuge difference. Takes the watch to another planet IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1