When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver V7 Powematic 80 Upgrade Question

Team,

I know the Tissot Powermatic 80 from Tissot SeaStar 1000 will drop into an AP Diver for an easy upgrade. I believe that is documented here in a few threads.

I also see Certina offers a Powermatic 80 movement in a few of their watches.

Will the Certina Powermatic 80 movement, which I believe is the same as the Tissot except for the rotor decoration, work in the AP Diver upgrade application?

I ask as I think it is more economical to find and cannibalize a Certina vs a Tissot by about $200.

I reference this write up with pictures to clarify my point.

http://www.gmtminusfive.com/the-certina-ds-powermatic-80-a-perfect-entry-level-automatic/

And the Tissot

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/tissot-seastar-1000-powermatic-80-watch-hands/

And one last, perhaps, simple question.

If the Powermatic movements are the same in both watches, does it matter that the date wheel is at 6 in Certina vs. 3 in the Tissot? I imagine it does not matter since the watch smith will swap date wheels with the AP.

Please let me know your insight on this matter.

• Like 1

Hi, good question and interesting find with the Certina. As the calibre is the same ETA C07.111 based on the 2824-2 it should be no problem. If the date is at 3 or 6 or 9 does not matter as it´s a round datewheeland, the distance from center to edge I suppose is equal to the ETA. List of watches with this movement is on watchbase.com, just found it thanks to Your Certina-Tip, the Tissots I had been looking at where all in the $400 range plus import-taxes to Europe.

This will be interesting to follow if You do it:)

• 1 month later...