When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reverso Tribute 1931 review

gemballa

Anyone any opinions or reviews on this new piece? Looks spectacular except the Quartz aspect but apart from that it's looking like a very tempting proposition.

Is it only available from Andrew at PT?

I ordered one the moment I could. Figure this is a rare enough bird to take the chance. No QC pictures yet.

Please keep me posted. I wanted to do the same this weekend. Thought I would hear some thoughts/see some pics first though.

Cheers

Mine arrived last week. This is certainly the best of the dress reps that I can think of. It's much thinner than I anticipated and wears just a bit smaller. I find the size just right. Quality seems very high. The case sits very securely in the "carriage" but still moves nicely. The engraving is very gen-like. Buckle is very good.

The quartz movement is interesting. I was concerned that it might tick loudly, like a swatch. But it is completely quiet in part because it only ticks about once every 10 seconds. This results in a relatively big movement of the minute hand, but there is no way it can be noticed on such a small watch face. Time keeping is perfect. On the whole I think this is a perfect solution to get the thinness. If you like the looks, don't worry at all about the movement.

The strap sucks of course.

Edited by alt.watch.obsessive

From what I have seen on RG they seem to be gorgeous, for a while it didn't seem like it would come out. I would love to see if it would be possible to use a vintage movement (Maybe women's mechanical?) in the case and convert it from quartz to mechanical, but I assume it would be a dramatic modification to the watch.

Mine arrived last week. This is certainly the best of the dress reps that I can think of. It's much thinner than I anticipated and wears just a bit smaller. I find the size just right. Quality seems very high. The case sits very securely in the "carriage" but still moves nicely. The engraving is very gen-like. Buckle is very good.

The quartz movement is interesting. I was concerned that it might tick loudly, like a swatch. But it is completely quiet in part because it only ticks about once every 10 seconds. This results in a relatively big movement of the minute hand, but there is no way it can be noticed on such a small watch face. Time keeping is perfect. On the whole I think this is a perfect solution to get the thinness. If you like the looks, don't worry at all about the movement.

The strap sucks of course.

Did you get the standard strap or gator? Any pics?

I ordered the cheap strap and swapped it out for a standard Camile Cournet gator. 

Here's a crappy iPhone shot if it will attach...

image.jpg

Nice. Any issues at all?

Im also trying to work out if the strap is worth the extra too.