When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG scheduled downtime - forum upgrade

Admin

Hi all

As I posted about three months ago, the forum software is ready for a major upgrade and overhaul. After having spent a lot of time testing the new software, doing several test migrations from the old (And let me just tell you; this is some booooring stuff to do. Every test migration has taken 2-3 hours to complete due to major database upgrades that has to be performed on a lot of database fields. I have also been waiting to see if the plugins we use would be released in new versions supporting the new software version, contacting developers askin/begging them to upgrade, etc.)

I am in the final stages of preparing an upgrade. I'm not 100% sure when I have the time to do this, but the forum will most likely be taken down either early next week or late next week. You'll know when this happes, as you will most likely get an error when trying to access the forum, but most liklely you will be forwarded to a page that tells you what is going on ;)

Now, I have been running forums on this platform for almost 12 years and every time we do some upgrades and/or changes, there as a lot of members that are happy with the new stuff and equally, a lot of members that doesn't like it. I am sure it will be the same way this time also. And let me just tell you right away that there are a lot of stuff that will change. Unfortunately, some services will disappear, as the person(s) that create some of the specific addons we are using, no longer are around and some developers haven't finished upgrading their addons to support the new version and I havae no idea if they ever will. So basically, this is just a warning that you will see a lot of changes and some features (perhaps your favourite feature) will be gone and there will be some new ones.In the end, I always do my best to adjust the forum and the services we offer to please as many as possible, so I will be monitoring the feedback when the forum is online agan and see if anything can be done, if there are stuff that a lot of people really dislike ;)

Mike, is the Trading Forum coming back?  I can see many members are inquiring about this and there appears to be no straight answer from anyone.

So simply, will the Trading Forum return in this new format?

Please let us know.