When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Post upgrade post - Read and report errors here

Admin

Well, the upgrade seems to have gone fine and all adjustment done to the servers are also looking good. There are however tons of background tasks that are running, rebuilding content, PM's,links, images, etc. so you might experience minor or even big problems using the site for another 12-24 hours. This is also the reason certain areas of the forum is offline I would appreciate it if you post about any errors here, but wait at least 6 hours after this post has been made and if the content you are looking for or the error persists, please post about it in this topic.

There are still a lot of changes that will be done to the forum, but I wanted to let you all get back online and get familiar with the new site. Once the background tasks are done, I will make more adjustments to the site and all off the forums will be brought back.

One more ting; we are back on the rwg.cc domain. Easier to remember and use ;)

• Like 1

I was about to say that images weren't loading but then I read your description, explaining that it could take 12-24 hours for all of this various stuff to get working. I am noticing that threads appear to be out of order. Old and recent threads are intermingled together. I'm sure that is part of the process. Thanks for the hard work! That's what she said...

Yes I like the old design but it takes time to get used to the new forum. 

Not sure if it's possible but if I might suggest something, change the "reputation points" to the feedback, it's more usefull information imo.. :)

Edited by martijnp

Guys, please be patient. Basically, I have two choices when I do an upgrade;

1. Do everything at once and keep the forum offline for days
2. Do the upgrade, finish the most urgent stuff and put the forum back online again so that people can access it

I always try to keep the downtime as short as possible to let you guys back in. I still have A LOT to do with the site, both when it comes to looks and functions, so bear with me as I continue to work in the background to improve the site. As I have said before; I have been doing this for some years and I know how most of you like things, so give me some time to get to know the new version of the software as good as I knew the old one and give me time to install everything that needs to be installed and tweaked. This is the biggest upgrade ever done to the software I have been using since v. 1, so there are tons of stuff I also have to relearn ;)

And again; The sales area will be online again within a day ot two (Seriously, do you not read these threads :p )

I could do without the reminders that "this site uses cookies" that I have to click away every time I come in to the site. Once when I get to the homepage and once when I log in. The site works perfectly fine with the browser settings regarding cookies that I have set up (which is refusing all third party cookies).

Also, it appears the Tapatalk linking to images is not working.

Edited by tomhorn

Is it possible to remove the restriction on "liking" someone's post?  I tried to like a post this afternoon and it said I was blocked and I am only allowed to do this 5 times in one day.  I don't quite understand why I can only like 5 posts during the course of a day.  Other forums allow me to like as many posts as I want. I know you have much bigger fish to fry, but if you get to the end of the tweaks and are looking for little things to do, this would be a good one.

Thanks for the hard work!

This is really bizarre. Somehow after this update I am receiving notifications every time @Droptopman posts in a thread! ;)B) LOL, don't get me wrong, they are always great posts and threads, but how can I get un-linked just so I don't receive all the notifications? Is there a setting I clicked or something? This started happening right after the system update.