When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What are some of the coolest Sunglasses to wear?

katelens

Last night I bought a pair of Fuse replacement lenses for my beat up old 840s.  I'll let you know what I think when they arrive.

I installed the Fuse lenses and I'm not very impressed.

From the front they look exactly like the original ground glass Revos. But looking through them, you know you're looking through cheapo plastic lenses.

I guess it's better than throwing old Revos away.

• 2 weeks later...

I mostly wear a Rayban Light Carbon 8305. It has polarized glasses and is super light, also not very durable. I already got my 2nd pair after 2 years. I love them because they are so comfortable that you don't even feel them.

Edited by gasebah

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the Fuse lenses and I'm not very impressed.

From the front they look exactly like the original ground glass Revos. But looking through them, you know you're looking through cheapo plastic lenses.

I guess it's better than throwing old Revos away.

I noticed on the website that they have glass lenses, also. I wonder if those are better?

I love ssunglasses... bought several throughout the years, unfortunately our house was broken into back around '03 or so and had a bunch of watches, jewelry and a large collection of sunglasses stolen...

Here's some more I've bought over the years:

Oakley Titanium frames are super strong, too bad the plastic lenses scratch easily... Great glasses but gimme glass any day!
IMG_3925.thumb.JPG.22f955bdae3c42c5adea1

Serengeti drivers, my only other pair with polycarb lenses, great for driving, look great, hug the head while up... unfortunately the lenses scratch too easily and I don't wear them much anymore:
IMG_3926_resize.thumb.JPG.1ae236b00fb946

Nice Revo drivers, small and stealthy
IMG_3938_resize.thumb.JPG.77e3141312d725

Can't get enough of Revo drivers:
IMG_3929_resize.thumb.JPG.278ea13490e56f

These Persols are awesome, unfortunately the glass is cracked a bit, but out of field of vision... discontinued so no new glass:

IMG_3928_resize.thumb.JPG.0a7449b5d61797

How about these crazy John Lennon style Serengetis... I don't know what I was thinking when I bought these LOL:IMG_3939_resize.thumb.JPG.0e320fa9a32620 

These Revos are really cool with bright blue lenses... My bright green ones with black only frames got stolen in the breakin :-SIMG_3932_resize.thumb.JPG.15510472ccdf00

Just bought these Persol Wayfarers brand new off a friend... too taupe for me so gave them to my better half, but too big for her... Nice specs tho:IMG_3933_resize.thumb.JPG.52ecd5a3654b79

These Revos are great all around, not so much into the rectangular lenses anymore, but wear them occasionally   IMG_3934_resize.thumb.JPG.df2537c40354bd

More Serengeti drivers:IMG_3935_resize.thumb.JPG.7b795cfada2a1a

Revos with small oval lenses are pretty evil-cool sometimesIMG_3936_resize.thumb.JPG.25065ebd40a89e

Agreed on the vintage Vuarnets & Ray Bans... but a pilot friend of mine turned me on to Randolph Engineering glasses and I've never looked back.  Beautiful, well crafted, and kickass lens.    Fyi - chipped the lens and sent them back - they not only fixed the lenses, but cleaned, polished them, and replaced the bridge pads for free, within a week.

Personally, the Aviators by Ray ban or Wayfarers. I've had aviators since I was a little kid. I have been also wearing the Randolph Engineering Aviators with the straight legs and cannot beat them for the price. Definitely suit more face shapes and sizes. I like the wayfarers for driving as the thicker legs block most of the side glare. Good quality lens is key whichever brand you choose. I like glass lenses for driving and plastic ones at the beach.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have the following 

Ray Ban gunmetal polarized cockpits. Similar to traditional aviators but not as much of a tear drop on the lenses. By far the most comfortable pair of glasses I own. With the metal frame and adjustable nose pads you can get just about any fit you want. With these I don't really feel them but I can play a round of golf or go riding an ATM and they never move. 

Maui Jim freight trains, pilot style look just a bit more beefy looking with the more squared off bottom and the thicker arms. 

Gatorz polarized magnums. All aluminum anodized black frame, double 5 barrel hinges on each side. The all aluminum frame makes for easy adjustment and the wider arms cut out light from the sides but the lenses do wrap around enough so your perif. vision is not affected. 

Wiley X Romer II's and Saints. Flip between these two when I'm going to be hard on my glasses. They have been dropped, kicked, caked with mud, and been impacted with flying debris and still look like new. 

I just recently picked up a pair of Persol 2803 in Havana with the brown polarized lense . Best lenses I have seen and I've been through almost every brand over the years. Plastic frame is a bit of a pain to fit right on my face and the weighr plus the double hinge on the arm does not make flipping them up on top your head a very secure way of wearing them indoors but I do like them a lot. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...