When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pair of Astons and new Kawasaki H2's

astonjenks

That moose aint going to do much... the only time you need to be moose aware is when there wearing lipstick and dancing round their handbags on the dance floor...

:)

Today i decided that I am going to go out searching for those hands to shake and see if I can find that money coming in from left and right.... I think I'll start in the gents toilets in my local park... ;)

• 2 months later...

Im heading over to you guys in CONUS on Monday to collect the Stage 2 kit from Brocks in Ohio.

Brocks have developed a stage 2 kit that makes the H2 quicker than the H2R and takes the power from 220bhp to 274bhp. In Sept this year they set a new world record for a production bike and achieved 219.4mph from a standing start in 1 mile!

Will share photos and details if anyone's interested.

AJ

Pete, glad to see you back and checking in with your profound knowledge of the English Aristocracy!!!!

AJ, beautiful cars, and those bikes are something else. But my question, outside of a track, where in the world can you take one up to 200+ MPH In the UK, or anywhere else for that matter? Be careful sir, we don't call them donorcycles over here for nothing!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...
On 8/25/2015 at 0:37 PM, hiker01 said:

:dots::dots:...and all I've got to show is this.....

On 8/25/2015 at 6:59 PM, Fracture said:

Because most of us do. Someone has to be the little man that the "business man" can profit from.

On 8/26/2015 at 8:53 AM, Fracture said:

Haha. Don't be naïve, Mike. If that were true I'd be driving an Aston too after years of working 14 hours a day but all I have to show for it is a second hand hatchback. And yes, I excel what I do. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with "business" aka shaking some hands, knowing some people and taking some money left and right.

And yes, I have a very sour vision of the "business" world.

I know where you are coming from (I used to have that view as well), but it is truly very limited in scope. That is, you are focusing in on a tree while missing the rest of the much larger forest.
While there are certainly rogues in every field - if you do not believe there are criminals & crooks in the green movement, you are willfully blind - the profits that businessmen amass come from the sales of things like iPhones & iTunes & Priuses & sandals & tv sets & all the things you & I want/use every day. Businessmen also provide services like making clean drinking water & building homes & repairing bicycles & fixing teeth that make our lives more comfortable. The most successful of these businessmen then purchase yachts & private jets & mansions, all of which give people like you & me jobs to design, build & maintain those yachts, jets & mansions.

Capitalism is based on the simple concept of trade - I have a good or service that is worth more to you than a handful of cash, so you trade the cash for my good or service & vice-versa. If the good or service I am offering is useful to a large number of people & I am skilled enough to market my good or service to make you aware that I exist, then, with a bit of luck, I stand to make alot of cash. You just need to produce a good or service that will have widespread use & find a way to spread the word so your potential buyers know you exist. And there is nothing stopping you from doing the same thing. That is why I believe that people who criticize others' success/wealth are either unaware or fooling themselves.

• Like 2

Hey, gently and lovingly applying that subtle antiquing effect ain't easy.

Sure, anyone can scratch up an iphone or even make a little chip around the edge.  Anyone can rub the corners to make it look like it's spent a few years in the pocket of some 501 Levis.

But to make it look truly cherished .... well that takes a certain je ne sais quois.