When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone experienced this odd seconds hand problem?

Hey guys, hope your'e all well,

I recently got an Omega Seamaster Rep. I will be the first to admit that I rarely use my watches for actual timekeeping. However, when looking at my watch the other day, I noticed that the seconds hand will occasionally stop, or 'skip' a beat.

It never loses time, and it will keep time well. However, the seconds hand is just a bit temperamental.

Anyone experienced this? Or know of a fix?

Another thought is that the seconds hand barrel may be to big for the pin and the pin may be spinning in the barrel.

That's a bit more obvious on Chronos when you reset the seconds hand.

Just a thought…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adding to the above many Omegas come with the Myota 8015 and they do that, not a problem. Standard behaviour of that movement (if the one You have is non-hacking).

Other option is the seconds hand is touching the minute hand or the dial, if that´s the case it would need adjustment (but than it would also stop prematurely when the power reserve is low, normally exactly over the minute hand)

Adding to the above many Omegas come with the Myota 8015 and they do that, not a problem. Standard behaviour of that movement (if the one You have is non-hacking).

Other option is the seconds hand is touching the minute hand or the dial, if that´s the case it would need adjustment (but than it would also stop prematurely when the power reserve is low, normally exactly over the minute hand)

It has a Myota 8205 I believe.

It's my first Omega.

It happens mostly between 3oclock and 6oclock. It just seems a bit 'odd' to look at. All my Rolex Reps have smooth as silk second hands.

It's my first Omega.

It happens mostly between 3oclock and 6oclock. It just seems a bit 'odd' to look at. All my Rolex Reps have smooth as silk second hands.

No problem there, it´s typical of the lower grade Myotas, still a fine and reliable japanese movement, not a clone. The beatrate is more like 21600 bph instead of the 28.800 bph Asian eta-clone that will look much smoother. That Myota seconds hand also stops randomly and continuous moving, it´s all fine, just a bit odd to look at when You look close.

It's my first Omega.

Try wearing the watch upside down on your wrist for a few minutes. See if it does the stuttering between 9-12. If it does, there's nothing wrong with your watch. Common issue with 21j movements.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've only had this problem with 2813's....Its happens with about 10-15% of the 2813's that I've purchased - It's super irritating; I was told by a seasoned replica hobbyist that it's a QC issue from the factory....something about how some units have too much space between the teeth on the gears, which in turn creates a slapping effect which gives for a noticeably more "ticky" second hand; it doesn't affect the accuracy of the time at all, it will just give it a really crappy and uneven sweeping hand....other higher end movements have tighter QC procedures, and they make sure that the teeth fit perfectly into the other gears, which allows for a very fluid and consistent flow....that's my knowledge of the matter...could be something else though; that's just what I was told...

Edited by busetinha

Normal for the movement in question--, but also normal for luxury brand genuine 7750's as well running the chrono.  I have a GEN Breitling Navitimer.  When running the chrono the sweep seconds will do the same.  At that is on a $5000 watch.... :-|