When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wall mounted watch case

gasebah

Bought this the other day, The wife explicitly encouraged me to buy the large one with 30 slots. Not a good idea I suppose. 12 more slots to fill with ever increasing expectations for what a good watch should look like.

IMG_0621.thumb.jpg.c8fe5486fda7ab17e61ea

Its quite the thing now for watch guys to display their watches in wall mounted cases and especially in bespoke stands that are a small fortune on thier own and I aint talking about fancy watch winders these displays are works of art..

But if you have a large collection it dont matter where you have it a good blagger will find it.... the only thing that might slow them down is a decent safe..

FYI, unless you are taking out special insurance, such as that offered by Jewlers Mutual or with additional riders on your policy-- a "serious" watch collection is not covered by insurance.  BEST case, with standard homeowner/renters (in USA), you will max out at $5000.  So if you have a case with 3 $5000 Rolex's ($15,000) you will only see 1/3rd back from insurance.

Even your REP collection can add up quick at $300+ a pop these days.  And there is NO insuring those. :-(

Personally, I rotate my GEN's between Safe Deposit Box at bank, Safe at home, ~maybe one of value on display in the winder.

Ronin, my watches have a special insurance and yes, it includes the reps. At least up to a maximum amount of 25k€ (which I do not have as of yet). This is all a matter of negotiating with the insurance.

Generally UK insurance will cover any watch as long as you state them individually on your cover... naturally you get charged a premium for it usually works out about £20 a watch a year... for say a gen sub ....if you want home cover but about £50 if you want accidental loss and damage outside the home..

Same here in Germany. My insurance contract goes with a list which is updated every half year or so. It includes the reps. Ownership of reps is not illegal here, while putting them on the market is.

Same here. Under writer policy to cover watches. It costs more than my regular home owners policy but covers all my watches fully. Hardest part is to remember to update it when I flip watches....working on a custom hidden safe to eliminate the never ending premium. Once I get that in I will drop the coverage.