When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Uh-oh... George's Fake Ap Offshore Is Already On Ebay!1

thomasng

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is fake for these reasons:

- Dial does not match case (Themes dial does not belong to D-series Offshores)

- Caseback numbers matches the pics george posted a few weeks ago

- Datefont is incorrect

- Hands are too thin and greenish

- Numbers are missing metal surrounds

- 12 o'clock marker is not big enough

- "Swiss Made" font is not big enough

- Subdial spacing is off, 12 o'clock subdial should be closer to the centre.

Yeah, I spotted the dial flaws, too.

But I thought george isnt selling this watch yet?

I don't know, George quoted me a price a week ago, and I'm pondering whether to pony out the 450 euro for this piece. But I'm not sure if he's actually selling yet. That's why I suspect George may be linked to the sale of this watch. (Note that he's in Germany too).

I don't know, George quoted me a price a week ago, and I'm pondering whether to pony out the 450 euro for this piece. But I'm not sure if he's actually selling yet. That's why I suspect George may be linked to the sale of this watch. (Note that he's in Germany too).

George is in Greece, not in Germany, and does not trade on ebay

I am so confident this is a fake that I would give away my genuine Offshore if the pictures did not show a fake. I think the seller probably was duped by someone who traded the watch in, because everything else he is selling is 100% legitimate.

yeah, it must be fake, unless of course there's a movement shortage at AP and they started using 7750 movements and forgot to change the dials ;)

yes a 695.000euro fake :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

if the AP is realy a fake... this seller is the most fu**ing guy i ever saw. He sell watches for much money and all people get him more money than others, because he is professional and make full revision of all watches...

if a watchmaker make a full revision of watch, they don´t look at the movement???? Why his watchmaker don´t know that is a fake?

because the seller is a professional fraud :g:

last time he sold a iwc watch with hand made engraving movement.... on movement printed dugena brand name.... :victory:

Hey guys,

I started a similar thread at ReplicaCollector. Ratchpot told me someone over here spotted it also.

Some things to think about

1. It is evident that this dealer deals some exceptional pieces. He's no newbie. The chances of posting a FAKE AP WITHOUT KNOWING are very low. All of those benefit of the doubt "maybe this...." isn't cutting it. This guy knows what he received. Just think about the process. Perhaps trying it out to see how it flies?? But I don't think he was being duped. BTW, trying it out on people for 8,000 EURO IS LOW. And he knows he has all the credibility in the world to pull it off.

2. This watch came from a LIMITED NUMBER of sources. Especially so Early. I don't know who George is. Is he from Puretime? Deal with Angus? I'm new here (but not to replicas).

3. These are the kinds of moves that remind us of the ultimate end of replica watches:

COMPLETE INFILTRATION INTO THE GENUINE MARKET.

It is a far cry from buying for admiration. But, what do you expect? This IS a BUSINESS....

ΩReign