When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Uh-oh... George's Fake Ap Offshore Is Already On Ebay!1

thomasng

The eBay seller knows thats the AP is a rep

Why else would all head-on shots of the watchshow the 9 o'clock subdial in the 'reset' position? EVERY SINGLE HEAD ON SHOT!? YET THE CHRONO SECOND HAND IS RUNNING!

On the side profile shots, you can see the 9 o'clock subdial has moved, so the watch is obviously running.

The auction details are vague for a reason, so that any comebacks can be answered with "well we didn't know much about this piece in the first place"

Its a shame, someone WILL get taken to the cleaners with this one, and will probably not realise until they try and get it serviced in 3 years.

Thankfully, we can conclude that it is NOTHING to do with George

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi to all,

This is george and this ebay post has NOTHING TO DO WITH ME.

These pics are from the rep ( in original the subdial on 12 and 9 are closer than the one on 6, in this one are not..)and this seller is probably a scam if he selling this for original....

Please dont make conclusions or mention my name if you are not 100% sure.

You can go ahead and report this seller to ebay as a scam. No problem with me.

george

I think the problem is, that ppl think you are the only source for this watch, and not that you are involved in this in any way!

I asked him this 2 or 3 days ago, no reply!

I can call him tomorrow if you guys want, as I live in germany, too

edit: I'm looking through that guys feedback, seems he got some negatives for selling fakes. Some guy claimed the omega he recieved was fake

it is confuse

the seller is one of the biggest watch seller on ebay... why he will sell a fake?

but other point... he is a bastard... he makes wrong descriptions... and he don´t make any hint about the movement caliber... if i sell a $15.000 watch i will ask about the movement caliber.

but what is the intention of the seller? ...ok he could sell a replica... and if the buyer say: hey this is a replica... he will ask: oh i am so sorry i don´t know it...

other point: if a guy spent $10.000 on a watch-... he wouln´t know that the running second runns on wrong subdial???-.... exist so stupid watch collectors?

:g::g::g:

should I call him and tell him I'm from AP and the watch he sells is fake

OR

should I call him and just ask all kind of questions about the backround of this watch and so on? what do you guys think?

don´t call him

i hope he sold this watch to an expert... and the buyer will reported him to german police

if you call him.., you help him. But so bastard don´t need a help...

don´t call him

i hope he sold this watch to an expert... and the buyer will reported him to german police

if you call him.., you help him. But so bastard don´t need a help...

That's a good plan.

However, I think that with his feedback it will be a long time before he's caught up with. One buyer posting negative feedback in the middle of all of these thousands of sales is not going to be significant. Unless, of course, that one person is an expert and DETERMINED to break this guy's operation down (which is difficult, because only a percentage is a scam, the rest is big business for him and eBay)

Otherwise, if I am rich, and get beat for $10K, I'm not going to make that much of a stink about it. I might warn my buddies against buying from him, and they may (or should) tell me not to buy watches from eBay in the first place.

In fact, it was mentioned that he sold someone a fake Omega. His response?

NONSENSE! /We offer only original watches, See also 19,941 feedbacks

Of course, eBay only counts original buyers, so out of his 20,000 feedback only about 12,000 are counted. In any case, you see his defense. :g:

Which brings me to this point:

I NEVER have seen a JEWELER on eBay sell a fake (Not that they haven't, I just never saw it).

It appears to me that the guys doing this don't actually own jewelry stores. For example, there are some sellers that own stores that I can actually walk into if they sold be a bogie. All of the people that I've seen sell fakes with their real watches on Ebay are just established EBAY sellers, and not real jewelry stores that just happen to use Ebay as an additional outlet for business.

Jnkay posted an excellent experience about going to the Diamond District here in NY where I live, and finding out that they deal fakes of a very rare quality, perhaps greater than known to us in general (but you have to ask, they don't display them). Jnkay's thread on Reps in Diamond District-NYC

I hope they keep them under the table. When they start to put them on the shelf,

EVERYONE IS SCREWED.

Although, I don't think that replicas will get to the point where they can have that impact on the 3D marketplace. Perhaps in cyberspace. I'm hoping jewelers, collectively, gain more experience with recognizing the quality coming out of these factories and have the moral integrity not to allow themselves to sell them on the free market.

BTW,

What's the code phrase when I go into the Diamond District and want a high quality replica?

"An ETA on a ferris wheel is not a tourbillon" (No pun intended Tourbillon1801)

or maybe..

"Can you help me out: My watch is reading 7750"

Something like that.

Anyway,

Not sure how the German Police work, but however they work, it will be a process. This guy is probably going to get a few victims before he's caught. Or, he may never be caught.

ΩREIGN

Edited by Omega-Reign

don´t call him

an expert would NOT buy this watch.. only a weathly collector looking to add an Audermars ROO to his collection which he will rearly wear or even look at. Done Deal.. seller wins and collecter will not even know about until the watch stops, he trades it, or his kids bring his loot to an auction house in fifty+ years.

an expert would NOT buy this watch.. only a weathly collector looking to add an Audermars ROO to his collection which he will rearly wear or even look at. Done Deal.. seller wins and collecter will not even know about until the watch stops, he trades it, or his kids bring his loot to an auction house in fifty+ years.

The money, but not the know-how.

:black_eye: all day.

However,

An expert with zeal and money to invest and a vendetta against guys who swindle in this manner might just buy it as part of an operation to bring him down.

That's unusual dedication, but...

Ya never know.

Plus, when everything is said and done (and properly executed)

The guy gets his money back.

Ωohm

Edited by Omega-Reign

german police will do NOTHING

they catch only replicas from the small replica collectors...

but i wouldn´t discuss here if replica is legitimate or not... it isn´t... i buy it also and like replica watches... but they are unfair for all brand names. You know it, i know it... we all know it.

but this is not the point.

point is: selling a replica watch intentional as genuine...

and i think (if it is sure 100% replica) the seller knows it... yes he knows it very good.

german police will do NOTHING

Neither will American Police

Because in Chinatown, they use walkie-talkies and alert eachother when the police come around.

On a federal level, they do prosecute, but not nearly as often as they should.

The only thing that comes close to stopping this are the companies posting that warning that

"our watches are not sold over the internet"

Not everyone is going to do that. (That is, buy from stores in person).

should I call him and tell him I'm from AP and the watch he sells is fake

OR

should I call him and just ask all kind of questions about the backround of this watch and so on? what do you guys think?

Why not just tell him the truth—that you participate in several watch forums with people who are expert in these things and they agree that this is a replica? :huh:

Very good job :thumbs: especially

eagleeye Admin...

Holy [censored]!!!

This is really huge... that webauktion24

is sellin fake for real??

I bought some jewelry from same source

some months ago... :o im gonna have it checked.

Really good job...

Special greet to the german members and

a happy new(fraud free) year!

George

Why not just tell him the truth—that you participate in several watch forums with people who are expert in these things and they agree that this is a replica? :huh:

because it will scare the [censored] out of him, if he thinks that someone from AP calls him out on the fake. he wont do jack if I tell him I'm a watch collector.

There's less than six hours left on this auction and someone is going to get stung on this one.

Thought I'd do the decent thing and report it to ebay and contact the seller.

Response from ebay was the standard acknowledgement and from the seller - they think it's real!!!

I think we need to bombard ebay and the seller to stop someone losing a large amount of money here - some people just aren't as knowledgeable as the members here and on the face of it the seller seems genuine so it's an easy scam to carry off.

I am contacting him by using the the 'ask seller a question' (it's Frage an den Verkaufer on this German page) link at the top of the page.

There's less than two hours left, there's been 15 bids and its over E8,500.

Obviously ebay are not interested or they would have at least suspended the auction :thumbdown: - sent seller another email pointing out all the flaws and they contacted me back to say they think I'm 'crazy' because this watch is definitely real and I should be 'minding my own business' because they know best :angry2:

It all comes down to buyer definitely always beware on ebay - because their responses don't sound like they are what they say they are or how they project themselves and their products on the bay :blowup:

I misread your post:

You were contacting the SELLER, not the BUYER.

All the while, I'm thinking "Save the BUYER, Save the world"

We've already established that the seller is IN ON IT.

Of course he told you to mind your business and that he's an expert.

I misread.

I thought this was an IMF op to save the buyer.

The dealer is "Cooold as Ice" (and willing to sacrifice)

BTW,

I can "decipher" German. This is the internet. :lol:

He told you he was an expert and they have credibility.

Same thing he said when he sold that fake omega:

NONSENSE! /We offer only original watches, See also 19,941 feedbacks

post-4316-1167502127_thumb.jpg

post-4316-1167502146_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega-Reign

:crazy: Someone has bought this blatant fake for E8,550 despite my best efforts to contact ebay and reply to their acknowledgement with a full explanation of all the defects and my repeated questions to the ebay powerscammer that were all greeted with a 'we know what we are doing and it's got nothing to do with you' attitude.

I now believe the seller knows that this is a fake but has continued with the auction - no responsible and honest seller would continue with any auction after all the obvious flaws have been pointed out, even if they originally posted it believing it was real :nono: