When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP replica cloned movements?

busetinha

Does anyone know where to get a royal oak replica with a cloned movement? I found a very well "decorated" movement on toro's website, but the case thickness is 1mm too thick (I bought it anyway). If someone could point me towards one with correct dimensions and a cloned movement, i'd be very grateful.

At this point, the closest in terms of thickness is the Miyota decorated movement version.There is no exact AP cloned movement, just the Miyota or A2824. The A2824 version is thicker for case dimensions.

So if case thickness is a primary concern for you, get the Miyota version.. which you already did. The next closest would be gen. ;)

At this point, the closest in terms of thickness is the Miyota decorated movement version.There is no exact AP cloned movement, just the Miyota or A2824. The A2824 version is thicker for case dimensions.

So if case thickness is a primary concern for you, get the Miyota version.. which you already did. The next closest would be gen. ;)

The first AP I purchased was a Miyota 9015 (non decorated), and the dimensions were almost exact to the original (See pictures below). After doing a little research, I found this AP with a very well decorated movement on Toro's website:

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=1566

However, you can see in the description that the dimensions are 41x11mm, which is 1.2mm thicker than the genuine. I'm wondering if the movement from the decorated AP will fit into the case of the non-decorated AP, which has almost exact dimension to the genuine. If the decorated movement fits, I will be so happy!  Then I get the best of both worlds. When the decorated AP arrives in the mail, I will see if its movement fits in the other case and follow up with a sitrep and some pictures with caliper measurements.

Capture.PNG

APWidth.jpg

APDiameter.jpg

AP9015.jpeg

Edited by busetinha

Also, here is a side-by-side photo of the decorated movement vs. the non-decorated (big difference!). The diameter on both watches are 41mm...the only difference is case thickness. As stated previously, the decorated (right) is 1.2mm thicker than the nondecorated (left)

sidebyside.jpeg