When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Cartel 5512

Bart Cordell

HI everyone !

Just received this one from Josh.

I read many thing about CG before I decide to order. And I very happy with it.

It's from a new batch, and the crown guards seems different than older one I saw on forums. For exemple :

Only one bad thing, the hand and pearl lume is very soft and there is no lume at all on dial. I have to relume it soon. It will be first mod experience.

More photos soon…

IMG_1181.JPG

Edited by Bart Cordell

"The best vintage Rolex sports range ever replicated.. Surpassing all previous replication from whoever!!"  Wow.  With a description like that it has to be good!  LOL

All kidding aside, that really is a great looking one.  Just needs a new crown, lugholes drilled, new springbars, and some dial aging.  I'd also like to know if the bezel construction is accurate.  If I ever get one, I think I'd pull the movement out and put in a 2846-2 and either sell the 2836 or keep it for a future project. Put on an Athaya 702 and that would be a great piece.

Does anyone know if the 5513 has also been updated like this?

Edited by Mendota Explorer

Very nice reasonably priced alternative.  CG's do look pretty good.  Some puffy lume and a little aging on the dial and insert would certainly improve the look.  Insert is pretty glossy.  How is the bracelet?  States it is a hollow link.  Like to see some pictures of it if you have the time.  

• Like 1

Very nice reasonably priced alternative.  CG's do look pretty good.  Some puffy lume and a little aging on the dial and insert would certainly improve the look.  Insert is pretty glossy.  How is the bracelet?  States it is a hollow link.  Like to see some pictures of it if you have the time.  

45cc9f96d10a9e6c1c04a1db56d02c2c.jpge71982ec05ba9335fe6cc1e62807d2e5.jpg

That's what I hope to do. Aged dial and insert, puffy lume. But I have never do this kind of. I need to read more and more before.

Here are my thoughts:

1. Athaya 702 crown and tube.

2. Drill lugholes to accept fat bars

3. Age dial, hands, insert

4. Swap in T19

5. Rock out with this awesome piece!!

This looks really great. Thanks for posting your pics and thelink. I'm thinking this could definitely be my next vintage piece. Would make a great winter modding project.

• Like 2

not close to perfect at all, but better than before, and for the price a good kick around piece.

new hands, crown, and crown guard mod + lug holes, T19

beyond that-

a better caseback and bezel ring should make this piece that much better.

Good insights. Is there a better starting point that you would recommend for a budget 5512 or 5513 build?

As I'm a noob in watches, I will keep it as is for the moment.

I project a simple mod first, age dial, hand and insert. Then a lume is essential as there is no lume on this rep.

But I need to read more, and maybe some advice before ;)