When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sevenfriday offered: Is someone amaing for a scam?

Pierre Sec

Hi all,

I am on the look out for a Sevenfriday M2. I got into contact with a dealer and i asked for the M2. He claims to be located in my country.

He is also on the bay where he claims to sell overstock of SF. He has no feedback on the bay so i was not planning to go that route. However, a local sale is an option for me. That way i could check the watch. He sent me pictures. He is expecting stock and states that the pictures are from a watch he has sold earlier. One of the pictures:

d3a9c619b11fc240f5f1b2f211ea7719.jpg

I also found the rep version:

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/tswatch/media/SF16920/SF16920-8_zpsjqpgrijk.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Am i allowed to post this link? It's from TS.

Notice that this is the same watch. In case of doubt, see the scratch on the strap near the SF.

Am i correct that someone is aiming for a scam?

Should i report this to the bay? Our contact is through mail. He is not offering this on eBay. He does however has two other SF listings.

I think he did. But another option is that these are random pictures which are also used by rep dealers.

I dont want to accuse the SF dealer because i found his pictures on a site of a rep dealer.

I also dont want to see a ebayer selling reps as gen to unknowing buyers.

He has 2 SF's listed at the moment:

http://www.ebay.nl/usr/raydar.keirzft

If in doubt, do not deal. Ask for a tagged picture of the actual watch. The fact that he is using a generic pic does not paint a good picture for his authenticity.

"Overstock" sounds dodgy to me honestly. My guess is they ARE reps. The rep SF are very nice, why don't you consider buying them direct from a dealer instead of going through this guy?

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

Thanks Legend. Ive already cocluded that this dealer is dodgy. So i will either go for a gen at the AD or search for a good rep. The M2 isn't repped very well IMHO. But the question remainig, is whether is should report this to eBay. The watch he offered me isn't listed on eBay. However, he is offering SF's there. And if he was aiming to scam me, his other listings are probably going to hurt eventual buyers

As long as you see reps listed on eBay, they should be reported for the benefit of the community. I know I would do that if I'm aware of the fact. :)

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

there's real SevenFriday watches for sale on eBay, from dealers who have hundreds and or thousands of positive transactions.

why you are dealing with a guy who has no feedback when other dealers are available I will never know. 

local or not.

if i was you, either buy gen at an AD or from a vendor that has a solid reputation...or hit up the TDs for a rep.

the reps aren't that different from gen. 

some sloppy casework sometimes on the reps and or a different color fonts/diff materials/slightly diff engravings etc. depending on the model.

none are glaring ''oh my God thats a fake watch'' tells.

also check out Jomashop, Authentic Watches, and Ashford.

a lot of that eBay stuff is grey market, especially Baume + Mercier, SF, Michael Kors, Citizen etc.

depending on the brand this means sometimes no warranty, or no serial #, but sometimes you can save even up into the 4 figures on price.

I've personally bought a couple gens this way.

Thanks guys! I was aiming for a gen but the prices are way too high to justify. The cheap ones on the bay seem to be from dodgy sellers. Considering the specs of SF, a gen from the AD is not an option. The M2-2 is 1700 euro at my local dealer. I now ordered 2 reps to see hoe deep the love is.