When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Chronopassion

Broker1981

After many long deliberations I have found the Chronopassion to be the model that best meets my demands.

www.kingwatch.asia/goods.php?id=6218

It is a JF best edition.

It's 44mm which i have learned is the better size with less flaws.

It has a solid case back, which I prefer.

It has a rubber strap.

I would however like to draw on your substantial knowledge, and ask a few questions.

1. It has a black rubber strap. How good is the quality of the strap?

2. I have large wrists, 22 cm circumference. Will the rubber strap fit?

3. The pictures I found were rubbish. Does anybody have a Chronopassion, and would you please post some pictures?

4. If I was to buy a boxset, which one would you recommend?

Thank you for any and all help.

Sent fra min ASUS_T00I via Tapatalk

The chronopassion is a 42mm watch not 44mm. It has the same classic flaws as all the other rep 42mm ROOs.

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather

Just to add, I would list the classic 42mm ROO rep flaws for your benefit:

Classic rep 42mm ROO flaws (Most flaws are present in ALL 42mm reps, but some, like the RB2 and survivor, have rather accurate hands)

- datewheel position too far to the right, touching the tachy ring in most cases (due to A7750 movement used)

- lack of date depth, and lack of date magnification (again its due to the rep movement used)

- larger hour hand base  for the regular models (yes including chronopassion, volcano, black themes, all versions of the rubberclads)

- Case too thick by about 2mm (to accommodate the A7750 movement)

- no crown offset (again due to movement used)

- And of course, the movement itself is totally different from the gen one, which uses 2 modules stacked together. 

When @martijnp mentioned the 44mm being more accurate, he is correct, in that the hand flaw and date window position flaw are both not as obvious, and given the bigger case, the thicker case is also not as prominent. Of course, the 44mm come with an open caseback, displaying the ugliness of movement to the world. ;)

At the end of the day, it is what you could live with. Our opinions are secondary compared with your preferences and inclinations.      

Connie's site says it is 44mm. The chronopassion site says the real deal is 42mm

Is the site wrong, or is the rep 2mm bigger than the original?

Sent fra min ASUS_T00I via Tapatalk

I already told you that the chronopassion is 42mm. Gen and rep are the same size. Do some research (not necessarily confined to RWG itself) and you'll see that I'm right.

Message crafted while wrestling a juvenile crocodile that's unwilling to be captured and made into leather