When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Servicing a rep, Options and problems?

watchnutz

Ok so I've been lurking for a while on here, tried to find some decent answers by search but just didn't find what I was looking for...

What do you guys end up doing when your replica AP needs service? Is there a known place/guy that people send their watches to?

With the AP's that have a copied bridge plate and foe screws and such, will anyone touch those, are they serviceable?   I can understand some guys might be ok with servicing an A7750 because of how common they are, but what bout these clone movements?  What kind of loss/gain per day should I expect for these A7750 movements ?

A second question, of the clone movement AP's how does one regulate them, I can't seem to find a good photo to show where the +/- would be to do your own regulating?  Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

By the way I'm in New York so any info of service places/guys in the NY area would be great .

Honestly, I would expect that you will have more problems finding someone to work on the A7750 sec@12 movements than the clones with the decorated plates. Biggest problem I expect with those movements would be finding parts, but other than that, I suspect that they are pretty straight forward 3 hand movements. Another thing to consider is where you are located. If you are in the USA or EU will determine who you might use. I don't have and AP with the faux gen movement, so I couldn't tell you who might work on them. I have had a couple of my AP ROO's with Legend who is doing modifications as well as some movement work. Hopefully, he and others will see this thread and weigh in on options for you.

• 1 month later...

Honestly,

There aren't many options for service and repair of the a7750 movement in the USA.

You might contact Vac in Florida. He is listed here on RWG. You might ask around on RWI as they have a very active AP forum. Getting these fixed properly has been problematic as they are difficult to work on and are not the most robust movement. When I say that, I'm not speaking about the conventional sec@9 a7750, but the AP version with the sec@12 conversion. Same problem with the Rolex Daytonas with the sec@6 conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Ive used Vac several times, for various brands. He certainly does good work, is knowledgeable, responds promptly, and of course is a trusted vendor too. No worries there or with using him, although wait time can be kind of long. Send your watch in confidence.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2016 at 8:07 AM, jpohl402 said:

Ive used Vac several times, for various brands. He certainly does good work, is knowledgeable, responds promptly, and of course is a trusted vendor too. No worries there or with using him, although wait time can be kind of long. Send your watch in confidence.

Thank you