When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

$234,000 Breitling Clock in New Bentley?

Raxford

Say what now? Just reading an article about this fugly (opinion) new Bentley which has sold out in 24 hours. Apparently in September there was talk about there being an option to add a Breitling Mulliner Tourbillon Clock into the dashboard, which doubled the price of the car. Seems funny to do that considering if your $229,000 SUV isn't a daily driver, the watch is going to stop running, no?

Here's the article: http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/18/bentley-offering-worlds-most-expensive-in-car-clock.html

103009305-Bentley-Bentayga---Breitling-M 2017-Bentley-Bentayga-First-Edition-PLAC

It does not make any economic sense.

Haha no it certainly does not. But when was buying such an expensive car new a good, economic sense, period. Apparently Breitling is giving new owners their choice of a new Breitling Bentley worth around $10k. That's nice. The watch will hold its value better than the car haha.

Does it have a built in winder that rotates the watch when the engine is off I wonder? 

Yeah I was wondering that as well. I didn't do much digging, but I'd hope so. I'm annoyed when a rep stops running because I ran our of reserve, I can't imagine my reaction if it cost me that much haha.

• 4 months later...