When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noobs Not Welcome. Noobs Go Home.

Guest paintinc56

This is my first post here, although I've been lurking for several weeks, so I guess that makes me by definition a complete newbie! I've learned much about replica watches in the last few weeks by following discussions, reading the reviews, enjoying the eye candy, discovering who the reliable dealers are, etc, etc. I've also learned that excessive use of the formatting options makes posters look like idiots, so I'll try to avoid that in the future.

I've now placed a few orders for replica watches, so the forum has helped me make sensible purchasing choices. So, from this newbie, I'd like to say thank you as the forum has proved to be an invaluable source of information and advice, it is clear that there is a sense of camaraderie based on a shared interest in reps, and I hope I can contribute a little when my watches arrive.

This is my first post here, although I've been lurking for several weeks, so I guess that makes me by definition a complete newbie! I've learned much about replica watches in the last few weeks by following discussions, reading the reviews, enjoying the eye candy, discovering who the reliable dealers are, etc, etc. I've also learned that excessive use of the formatting options makes posters look like idiots, so I'll try to avoid that in the future.

I've now placed a few orders for replica watches, so the forum has helped me make sensible purchasing choices. So, from this newbie, I'd like to say thank you as the forum has proved to be an invaluable source of information and advice, it is clear that there is a sense of camaraderie based on a shared interest in reps, and I hope I can contribute a little when my watches arrive.

Excellent first post. Way to go. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

JTB

If you look at how long the "old timers' have been here, it is not much more than a few months to a year if stretching it, so from my point of view, just about everyone in this forum is a noob. So what? There are many personalities and skins , some thick , some thin, there are elitists, know-it-alls, knee jerk twits, well meaning watch enthusiasts, technically proficient wizards, and an assortment of interesting people that make this a cool place to spend time for rep collectors. Take it all with a grain of salt and don't let off the cuff comments bother you. For all you know the writer could have just fired up a bowl of crank and is determined to pen 40 paragraphs aimed at your well intended comment. Don't worry about it and follow shabbers post. Good advice indeed. :yeah:

As a complete newbie - I've found this forum to be quite helpful! Jeeze, if you want attitude check out some the IT forums the some poor guys have to post to just to get their job done. They eat noobies for breakfast there! :bangin: IMHO I think this is a relatively friendly forum/s. Maybe I've just got a thick skin!

QUOTE(Rob1 @ Dec 29 2006, 08:31 AM)

Excellent first post. Way to go.

Yes excellent and not a highlight, bold, colour change or italic emphasis in sight....Welcome, hope you enjoy it here!

What happened? Did you ask a stupid question?

He sure did, and then wasn't very happy with the answer...

BTW hats off to Rob1 and Tinticker, who prove that 'noobie' is just a number. It's the brains behind the nickname that make the difference - some arrive with plenty, others arrive expecting to be given them....

Hi

I have just discovered the world of reps this November.... joining RWG, RWI and TRC. I loves these forums... So far, no one has given me any [censored] or agro about being a noobie... I have so far bought straps from V and Elliot, and watches from other members.... everyone have been civilised and well mannered.... All my queries about watches, movements, mods and straps have been answered with no issues... Almost all answers can be found in the forum if one takes the trouble to look for it... I still consider myself a noobie.... but hey... you got to start somewhere...

Just take it easy and relax..... life is too short to be [censored] off all the time..... take a step back and the world will be a bigger and happier place.... you don't have to win all the time.... sometimes you gain more by losing...

Take care all and have a great and fruitful year ahead...

Kai

The OP must simply be an attention [censored]. May I suggest that the next time he intends to act like a [censored], that he borrows his boyfriend's dress? I wish to make no further comment as it only feeds the troll. *edit* I'm a noob here also, and have had (some) sense to read before joining in discussions that are way! beyond my current scope of knowledge regarding watches, perhaps the OP would consider taking this course of action too, or as a famous comedian once said " have a coke and a smile, and stfu"

Are you sure you posted this on the right forum , dude . This is without a doubt one of the least hostile forums i've been on . The overwhelming majority here is a funny, witty bunch of helpful people . This has been my experience since i joined here and you're not going to convince me of the opposite . Looks like you are the one with the problem here or did that sound too hostile to you .

P.

Hey Paintinc, which bridge is it exactly that you dwell under? We know you are a troll and all trolls live under bridges, so just tell us which one. No reason, just curious. :crazy:

Actually those that don't know might think that the oldest member here is less than a year old. That's because most of us had migrated from an older version of the RWG that went [censored] up earlier in 2006 (although it's still going) so some of us have been around for a lot longer than you might think.

Yep. I remember when I was was a noob. In comparison to many I still am. With the guidance of several members (who will remain unnamed, but you know who you are) of RWGII, RWGI, TRC, RWI and the like, I became quite knowledgeable in comparison to my circle of friends at home. Thanks to all of you who embraced a noob (whether it was me, or someone else) at one time, because we were all noobs once.

Happy New Year, Horologists, Collectors, Noobs, and the like!

Esmarc :pimp: