When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

About leather AP straps

GenTLe

I still don't get if they have something particular (apart the cuts and shape) or not...

What I mean is that I couldn't get (by now and not having removed any from my APs by now) if they have something "specific" inside, like a metal/plastic lamina (see Cartier Santos) or any other particularity that makes them so expensive (even the standard cow leather ones) and/or difficult to find.
For example, providing to give to a random strap maker a detailed technical draft like the one I made for my Chopard 1000Miglia (see below), will him/her be able to create one good for my watch or there's something I'm missing that will make it unusable?

22778570160_27c53d9eba_k.jpg

Thanks, GenTLe

You should send the rep strap over to your strapmaker, he can measure the strap for a perfect fit. Let them also get the inserts out of the rep strap. If you have a leather strap without inserts, it's a real pain in the *ss to attach the strap to the watch.. 

The genuine as well as most of the aftermarket straps have either plastic or metal inserts. The rep straps as well. The strap maker can either use your inserts from the rep strap or use his own if they are correct. From experience, I can tell you a correct fitting strap with proper inserts fits better and looks better than straps without inserts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk