When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sale items (any comments)

mastercar

Hi All,

i'm really new to rep watches and really eager to get my hands on one. Been spending time reading up on the different factories out there and their pro and cons, especially on Noobs and JF. Now i would like to seek the advise of all the expert bosses here on the below 2 pieces and any valuable comments you may have. Are they good buys? Thanks in advance!

http://www.intime.co/audemars-piguet/1379-royal-oak-offshore-44mm-ss-noob-1-1-best-edition-a7750.html 

http://www.intime.co/audemars-piguet/1377-royal-oak-offshore-44mm-dlc-noob-1-1-best-edition-a7750.html 

IMHO you need big wrists to carry these off. As they are A7750 with seconds at 12 ideally you'll need someone who is prepared to work on them should the movement go wrong. Be prepared for that as they are reps after all. Otherwise, if you like them go for it.

IMHO you need big wrists to carry these off. As they are A7750 with seconds at 12 ideally you'll need someone who is prepared to work on them should the movement go wrong. Be prepared for that as they are reps after all. Otherwise, if you like them go for it.

Thanks. Does it happen a lot, issues with movements on reps?

Well 44 not to crazy but then 16 put it together it will where big as kernow said, it's an A7750 so shit sometimes hit the fan. Just wear it leave the chrono alone (as in never run, check it forget it) and pray it is a good one.Still could crap out even the day you get it ...............................

The best advice I can give is read and then read some more followed by you buying a simple rep (non chrono, no complications). Maybe a Submariner, Seamaster, a Pam, IWC, AP RO/ROO, Patek, Breitling..... Ok, you get the idea. Keep it simple to start with and don't pay extra for ETA movements.

If you want and AP, I would start out with the diver. The V7 AP stainless steel diver is really, really good right out the box. I prefer it to the newest model which has a "decorated" movement which won't fool anyone who is AP knowledgable. Both watches have pretty rugged Asian clone movements.

There are folks here and on other forums who have the ROO chronograph with the a7750 movements, and never had a problem. I would guess that they are very lucky, and probably don't have a bunch of the a7750 watches. I can assure you, they can be nightmares! I have 5 a7750 ROO's and right now three are broken. All three have been modded, movement serviced, and every one of them has been back and forth to watch repair people multiple times. These problems can be very frustrating and expensive. Not much fun to own a watch that spends 75% of it's life either with a watch repair person or in transit back and forth.

Another consideration, there are plenty of watch repair people on all the forums who will work on the a2824 and other non chronograph movements, very few of them will touch the a7750 seconds@12 movement found in all the AP ROO's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk