When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trusty's 2 in 1 PN785 deal?

iluvatar

Hey all,

Looking to buy my first quality Panerai rep (not purchased in some back room in Shanghai with minimal knowledge or awareness of different factories/makers) and was curious for some experienced advice.

I was thinking of going simple and sweet, possibly a V3 111 or a 000 or 005 ( I like the base, and logo look), but then saw this deal being offered by Trusty and was intrigued by the possibility of getting two very different looking watches (primarily in case and dial color/finish) for the price of one.

Trusty PN785 2 in 1

Question I have is whether anyone knows anything about the quality of the reps in the PN785 2 for 1 deal.  I do like the look of both watches (and of course the ability to instantly own/wear 2 different looks), but if they are not particularly good quality reps, I'd just as soon get a single, well-repped watch from the list above .. and maybe a couple straps to create the different looks.

Thanks for any comments/advice.

Yeah, I've checked out his comprehensive guide and it's pretty impressive.  In this case I couldn't really determine the quality of the watches included in the set ( a PAM 594 and 602) and was curious if anyone else might have an idea.

I'm kind of assuming these are lesser quality reps being foisted off as a combo "deal", but if they are better quality reps then it seems like a decent deal just to get my foot in the door.  Trusty claims they're both 21.6k bph movements which seems to suggest they're better than the 594 and 602 I see sold individually, typicallly with 18.8k bph movements .. but I'm sure that is far from a definitive evaluation.

Anyway, if anyone has some more insight, great, otherwise thanks for pointing me to Ale's guide and I'll come to a decision eventually.

Basically you're get getting

1) Panerai PAM 594 Luminor Black Seal 8days PVD 44mm.

2) Panerai PAM 605 Luminor Daylight 8days White Dial 44mm.

The Panerai PAM 785 Special Edition Set Daylight & Black Seal 8days 44mm is a unique Special Edition of 500 Sets created world wide.

Both watches were created in commemoration to early model Pre Vendom watches made in the early 1990's.

The genuine box set included

1) Collectors Edition Xa Flotiglia Mas Book.

2) Collectors Model Sub and Panerai teak wood stand.

3) Two Extra straps with sewn in Logo embossed buckles, screwdriver, Panerai strap travel pouch.

4) Certificate, Manual, Libretto & Movement sticker for each watch, polish cloth, unique pearwood box & outer cartons.

I would have thought that each rep watch could be bought for around $160 each so the set is not a bad price with the included Panerai branded leather carry pouch.

Toro Bravo has some good deals on Noob Factory Panerai's at the moment so it might be worth checking him out before committing to he twin set deal.

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=35_52

Good luck and happy hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toro has this PAM111H on sale at the moment and by all accounts, although it's an older model it's still a super rep according to the oracle 'Ale' and in his words recently on the other RWG, you can't get a better Panerai at this price!! $158

http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35_52&product_id=82

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the insight guys.  I'm still on the fence about this deal or a super rep of one of the Pannies I've had my eye on for years, but we'll see.  Gonna pour through Ale's guide and make a decision soon.

I'm both intrigued by the commemorative, special edition nature of the set but also a bit leary of it as they are perhaps a bit more suspect among knowledgeable persons who understand the limited and pricier nature of the watches.