When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver (Legend) Build Mini Review.

Jordanf1

Hi Guys,

After waiting awhile mine's finally come through too me today, so ill give you a tasty mini review.

Firstly id like to thank Legend (Alvin) for doing this for those that love the AP branded Reps...... :)

1. The build quality of this watch is Flawless, not a scratch not a mark, the case and wight feels absolutely genuine IMHO.

2. The bezel and case is as per GEN in both finish and Looks

3. The screws are nicely sunken as per gen also, and are perfect in alignment.

4. The dial is 99% Gen i can vouch for this as i have the Gen also. The hands and pinion are as per gen.

5. The Lume even as of today 5minutes in rainy sydney with grey skys lit up like a candle once indoors

6. The date font / and setting is as close to Gen as ive seen with his Cyclops date mod.

7. The case back is the same as almost gen also, not that anyone is going to see it.

8. The indices / markers are beautiful and again are like the Gen.

9. The sweeping hand is exactly as expected a nice sweep with the Low beat movement.

10. I first put it on the wrist with no winding and she fired up perfect, i haven't even wound it up as yet. timekeeping since this morning is spot on !

11. The AR on the cyclops and crystal as as good as i've seen anywhere.

12. Id like to personally give Alvin a wrap for his wonderful work on this watch im so bloody very impressed.  I was also lucky enough to also get the Same in FC / orange :)

13. If anyone on here is considering an AP diver, forget the TD's their nothing on these builds. IMHO these are worth far more than we paid for them as a group, could you add a Gen dial and Hands ? yeah sure you could but why when these are 99% perfect :)

14. Mines 100% waterproof and has been in the bath / shower & pool today. 

Pics below.

IMG_2760.thumb.jpg.4ecb0f5f5615f460588c1

IMG_2762.thumb.jpg.098c5fd4f412903da2a8c

IMG_2763.thumb.jpg.acc392317d83e6fb12f9d

• Like 2

Thank you JordanF1 and guys for the nice words but please allow me to clarify some points for the benefit of all:

- The v7 diver is already a nicely built rep of very good accuracy.. My mods center primarily around the movement conversion, crystal AR, cyclop, water proofing and bezel screws sinking. I did very little for the case and finishing and I cannot take credit for them.

- The stock watch is good enough to pass off as genuine for most of the general population, but of course, the little tells would will let the rep geeks call it out as a rep. My intention was to build on the already stellar v7 and make improvements where I can. No way I could turn a rep into a gen watch with these mods but I could attempt to bring the rep closer and make it more accurate in little ways. 

- Most of Jordan's comments center around the v7 diver stock rep characteristics, I was mistakenly and generously credited for those.. lol thanks mate but you were waaaaayyyyy too kind and I cannot take credit for them.

- Yes 7 pieces have been built, of the original 10 intended. The total number which would be built has been increased to 15 due to the demand.

- I would be building a limited run of FC divers, and perhaps the 15400 next.

- Spinmaster worked on all the movements mods, and I would have to say that the low-beat ETA conversion is one of the most reliable that I have seen. The modded movement is essentially about 95% Swiss and 5% Asian. Spinmaster goes further than the other modders by implementing an extra process in the conversion process to improve the reliability and timekeeping accuracy of the movement. 

• Like 1

Thank you JordanF1 and guys for the nice words but please allow me to clarify some points for the benefit of all:

- The v7 diver is already a nicely built rep of very good accuracy.. My mods center primarily around the movement conversion, crystal AR, cyclop, water proofing and bezel screws sinking. I did very little for the case and finishing and I cannot take credit for them.

- The stock watch is good enough to pass off as genuine for most of the general population, but of course, the little tells would will let the rep geeks call it out as a rep. My intention was to build on the already stellar v7 and make improvements where I can. No way I could turn a rep into a gen watch with these mods but I could attempt to bring the rep closer and make it more accurate in little ways. 

- Most of Jordan's comments center around the v7 diver stock rep characteristics, I was mistakenly and generously credited for those.. lol thanks mate but you were waaaaayyyyy too kind and I cannot take credit for them.

- Yes 7 pieces have been built, of the original 10 intended. The total number which would be built has been increased to 15 due to the demand.

- I would be building a limited run of FC divers, and perhaps the 15400 next.

- Spinmaster worked on all the movements mods, and I would have to say that the low-beat ETA conversion is one of the most reliable that I have seen. The modded movement is essentially about 95% Swiss and 5% Asian. Spinmaster goes further than the other modders by implementing an extra process in the conversion process to improve the reliability and timekeeping accuracy of the movement. 

Hi Alvin if you need detailed pics of gen 15400 for your project do not hesitate to ask to me.

Ciao

Alessandro

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

This project like everything Mr. A does is top notch, and will exceed the buyers greatest expectations. He is doing the cyclops and AR crystal mod on my FC V3 right now, and if it comes out like the V7, I will be a happy camper!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This project like everything Mr. A does is top notch, and will exceed the buyers greatest expectations. He is doing the cyclops and AR crystal mod on my FC V3 right now, and if it comes out like the V7, I will be a happy camper!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct mate , mint workmanship and a rep that will last years !

Hi Guys,

Jordans thorough review has covered all the points on the diver but I wanted to write a few words and personally thank Mr A.

I received my diver and the attention to detail is amazing, for a moment I thought A had sent me one of his gens by mistake:)

If you are awaiting delivery of the diver you will not be disappointed. Thanks A