When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TAG Heuer Spiro! A good pick up!

Picked up this watch from a private seller recently. Thought I paid a fair price. Decent condition but the crystal may need a buffing. You can see how fat the case is also.

Quite happy with it!

Here's a bit of history on the watch.

https://heuerville.wordpress.com/2012/06/17/tag-heuer-spirotechnique-180-023/

IMG_5960_zpskx06nb1m.jpg

photo IMG_5959_zpsqulgefkq.jpg

photo IMG_5961_zpszneiasjp.jpg

Edited by marrickvilleboy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

It does look quite similar to the Seikos, especially given the crown position around 4 o clock.

The Spirotechniques TAGs are actually very hard to come by now, I haven't a listing on eBay for months now. 

I'm actually in the process of trying to build a vintage Heuer diver from odd parts - will share it with you guys in due time.

"I'm actually in the process of trying to build a vintage Heuer diver from odd parts"

Me too but mine is a T/H 1000 from just after Heuer became TAG Heuer. Have a new bezel insert and hands plus a sapphire crystal to replace the MG that came in it and a new Eta 955.112 but never put it together because a watch like mine is not worth much at all now. The watches like the one pictured above are worth quite a bit today though.

Here is a list of older models:

http://www.onthedash.com/docs/DiveWatchRefTable.html

It seems that watch snobs hate simple TAG Heuer quartz time and date dive models for some reason. Maybe because they are quartz, or they hate reliable watches that do not cost much, are deep water resistant, rugged, accurate, and will run for 20 years with a batt change now and then...or maybe because they like paying $1000 for a mech watch 'tune up' every few years so they can brag about it.   :pimp:

On 05/06/2016 at 0:49 AM, automatico said:

"I'm actually in the process of trying to build a vintage Heuer diver from odd parts"

Me too but mine is a T/H 1000 from just after Heuer became TAG Heuer. Have a new bezel insert and hands plus a sapphire crystal to replace the MG that came in it and a new Eta 955.112 but never put it together because a watch like mine is not worth much at all now. The watches like the one pictured above are worth quite a bit today though.

Here is a list of older models:

http://www.onthedash.com/docs/DiveWatchRefTable.html

It seems that watch snobs hate simple TAG Heuer quartz time and date dive models for some reason. Maybe because they are quartz, or they hate reliable watches that do not cost much, are deep water resistant, rugged, accurate, and will run for 20 years with a batt change now and then...or maybe because they like paying $1000 for a mech watch 'tune up' every few years so they can brag about it.   :pimp:

Keep us posted on this R.

I will provide a break down on what I'm trying to do shortly but still collecting parts.

A good condition TH 1000 series still fetches $500+ but most are in bad condition with the dial notorious for peeling