When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New AP Diver chrono

• 2 months later...

A small bump for this topic..

Noob and JF both did a rep on this watch. The JF had some flaws our brother @Legend pointed out. What are your thoughts on the noob? Some owners of the watch already? 

Noob:
http://www.intime.co/audemars-piguet/2927-royal-oak-offshore-diver-chronograph-blue-noob-best-edition-on-blue-rubber-strap-a3126.html

JF:
http://www.intime.co/audemars-piguet/2821-royal-oak-offshore-diver-chronograph-blue-jf-best-edition-on-blue-rubber-strap-a3126.html

Thanks guys, i've been looking at the Noob for a while and compared it with the gen and the JF. This are the visable flaws I saw and please correct me if I'm wrong :)

- Hands are wrong
- Subdial hands are wrong 
- Subdial sizes and positioning are wrong
- Crownguard is wrong

The improvement:
- Inner bezel is in general much better then the JF. Markers are further from the edge and the markers in the yellow parts are better at both ends, also the triangle @12 (I compared the blue version)

The points I didn't see good enough:
- Tapisseries and grooves on the dial, wrong size.
- The colors they used, I'm not sure if this is better or close. This is till questionable.

My conclusion:
The Noob is in my opinion a little better than the JF, though are the differences really small. Visable flaws are still there. Like the watch a lot but i'll wait a bit longer before I pull the trigger..