When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just back from Domi...franken SMP Chrono 2599.80

docthor

A few weeks ago I "accidentally" got a nice light franken SMP Chrono with black dial...
Why accidentally you may ask?...because initally AJ bought this chrono and some other guys and me were joking around that it is too small for his wrist and that it would look way better on ours :D
Well...short time later he offered the chrono to me...I couldn't say no, could I? ;)

I always wanted to have my blue SMP Chrono back I sold two years ago to a nice member here.
He already superfrankened it and wouldn't sell it back to me...
So now I had a black SMP Chrono in my hands...but wait...wasn't in my hands...I just agreed in a trade with AJ and the chrono was on its way to me :)
Only hours after our agreement I bought two gen blue dials, two gen blue inlays and one gen bezel :D
All that stuff arrived almost in time with the watch but then I realized that the dials don't have their blue rehaut :(
I tried to source a rehaut but with no chance...I mean...I even wasn't able to find valid information via google...it seemed that no one ever wrote something about the rehaut of the SMP Chrono...
But as the lucky guy that I am I got a great offer for a nice gen blue dial with rehaut from our great member Kernow :)
Tuesday this week I went with all my watches to Domi and yesterday he was ready with the last two...one of them was my SMP Chrono :)

Specs are now:

Gen blue dial with gen blue rehaut (hooray :D )
Gen hands
Gen swiss 7750
Gen bezel
Gen blue inlay
Gen crown and tubus
Gen HE valve
Gen crystal

The dial was relumed and since the gen hands were already with blue lume I let Domi use blue lume for the dial too...I like it way more even though it's not peroid correct...who cares...the dial is obviously relumed anyway :)
Plus...I thought it would look better to have the date wheel in black...in my eyes the face now looks more balanced. The white date is always very present...

Now on to the pics...

20160513_0905003zjry.jpg
20160513_090455t3k6f.jpg
20160513_090447z7khy.jpg
20160513_085647_richt0ejhx.jpg
20160513_090549lfkxh.jpg
20160513_090542o5jus.jpg
20160513_0905213skpz.jpg
20160513_090511rdkpo.jpg
20160513_090506taklf.jpg
20160513_090626qtjj2.jpg

• Like 2

Love it. These are fantastic pieces before you franken it, but afterwards: wow, just WOW! Wear in good health. ;)

Only thing - white date wheel? Although I actually like the reversed one better!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job with your SMP. I've had a few of these but Gen, currently wear a black one (photo below).

Most people with those specs and cash invested will go nuts to get it as period correct as possible. I admire that your project was all about getting it the way YOU wanted it.

Wear her in good health brother.

c4d40f5a0067f714ba9840c19479c468.jpg

:)

I never cared if a watch is period correct or not, be it gen or rep. In first place the watch has to entertain me. Some do it ootb and some don't :)

And...to be honest...I love it to have something that no one else has ;)

Looking at your black beauty here makes me think that I eventually have to go that road again but with a black chrono at the end :D

16 hours ago, docthor said:

:)

I never cared if a watch is period correct or not, be it gen or rep. In first place the watch has to entertain me. Some do it ootb and some don't :)

And...to be honest...I love it to have something that no one else has ;)

Looking at your black beauty here makes me think that I eventually have to go that road again but with a black chrono at the end :D

Haha, that's what I did. I started with a blue gen, then managed to obtain a few reps including a black chrono. My thirst for these is not easily quenched.