When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken SMP Club

docthor

18 hours ago, triplehd said:

How i miss my frankens....

Heres some from the past...

IMG_3060_zps5f8414e9.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1650-2.jpg

IMG_2726.jpg

I like that selection a lot! :)

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, docthor said:

Have one now...next franken project :)

Sent from my wooden drums via Tupperware

Another chronograph maybe?..... ;)

:(...on my hunt for a dial I had a close look on the gen (2594.52) and just found out that my "quick shot" was way to quick...the dial is totally off and a gen dial won't fit a 7750.

So I either find a black dial usual style  (non-tricompax) to finish that build or I sell the whole watch C&R...will see...

• 1 month later...

My Seamaster collection, all genuine.

Bought them by "accident"....all of them within a few hours through bidding on eBay a few years back. I placed bids on them and was only planning to get one but forgotten about the bids till it was all over hahaha needless to say I had to do a lot of explaining to my wife

IMG_20160806_103127.jpg

The chronograph is the Titanium / Titane version.....one of the most comfortable bracelet ever

• 2 weeks later...

So, docthor was kind enough to send me an AR'd crystal for my black Seamaster Chronograph as mine was very hard to read in anything less than perfect lighting conditions. I had it installed recently and wow, I'm actually going to start wearing it again :) Thanks doc :D

before

image.jpg

image.jpg

and, after 

image.jpg

image.jpg

So, docthor was kind enough to send me an AR'd crystal for my black Seamaster Chronograph as mine was very hard to read in anything less than perfect lighting conditions. I had it installed recently and wow, I'm actually going to start wearing it again  Thanks doc

before

image.jpg

image.jpg

and, after 

image.jpg

image.jpg

It is amazing how an AR'd Xtal can change a rep. For most it's all you need to do. It is especially true for the SMPs. I remember when I did mine, totally different watch

86028676e671beaae13185ac1e9d6797.jpg

And another cool build from Micky. 

This one uses a closed factory Seamaster Pro case, a PO bezel and insert, a gen Seamaster 2230 dial and hands (relumed in white by KeNnY) and a profsteve double AR crystal. The results are spectacular - better than a gen Seamaster IMHO!

image.jpg

image.jpg

6 hours ago, docthor said:

I love it!! :)

Sent from my wooden drums via Tupperware

Thanks. :D

I'm waiting on Micky now for the 3rd instalment. Apparently, if, like Beetlejuice, you say his name three times he appears (with a complete watch hopefully!)....... so.........

Micky, Micky, Micky.......

And true to his word.........

image.jpg

image.jpg

This one started life as a >2008 SMP Chrono. It was purchased M2M on one of the forums and quickly crapped out - both crown/tube stripped and the movement lost a few teeth on various wheels. Micky suggested a new A7750 and sourced one at a reasonable price. Then a new crown and tube were installed along with s profsteve double AR crystal - a great addition to almost any watch. Micky painstakingly repainted all the chrono hands in red and stripped the paint off the subdial second hand leaving it chrome. Now all the chrono hands are red and the clock hands chrome. I found out after starting that Omega have built some of their new chrono's the same in homage to this one ;) a reversed date wheel along with the (current) orange PO bezel insert complete the look. Add a few(!!!) hours for Micky to throw it all together and all I can say is I'm very pleased with another outstanding built. 

If you're thinking about having a one off piece built I can thoroughly recommend Micky to do the work. Cheers again Micky. :D 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sogeha said:

Different, interesting, cool and very, very nice. I hope you get years and years of pleasure form that one mate.

Thank you :) I'm sure it'll plenty of wear. I'll probably change the insert, not sure what too yet. The joy of owning a build like this is that there is no right or wrong.