When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Measurements of smooth bezel?

horologist

I have been looking for a SMOOTH bezel to put on a jmb replica Datejust case which I am of the understanding would also accommodate a genuine one. I am not fussed about getting a genuine one or if contours is not exactly like the genuine look- just want one to do its purpose.

In searching on ebay I find that they all give me inconsistent measurements.  I don't want to buy one with wrong measurements and end up not using it or worse still crack my crystal  when pressing it in the case.  I already had a bad experience with one wholesaler moronically selling me a wrong bezel for a TAG.

Any advice about what to look for or what really matters when buying one to fit would be much appreciated with many thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, watcher said:

Just pick the one that fits 36mm case and sapphire quickset cases

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One of the problems is that many sellers don't know what they are selling. Some  will say it will fit a 36mm case and will also mention to fit  a 1603, 16200 etc where the crystal is not the same for both such as one being sapphire and the other  being acrylic.

worse still is that the inside measurement is often given as 30.0 mm , 30..3 and  30.5 mm by different sellers?  So I. wonder which is the correct one???

The ID of genuine 160xx and 162xx DJ bezels is 30.4mm (maybe plus or minus a hair), the difference being that 162xx sapphire bezels are a little bit taller. If the case neck is same as oem...29.5mm, then any oem spec crystal and gasket combo should work.   Catch: with some replica cases there will be a small shoulder at the bottom of the case neck and if the crystal gasket is pushed down over the shoulder it will cause the bezel to not mount flat on top of the case.

Most of the replica DJ cases have oem spec case necks but the crystal gaskets and bezels may or may not be oem spec, especially on older cases. Aftmkt bezels ordered from ST, WSO etc should be oem spec (ST is for sure). My JMB cases are oem spec on the case neck as are my "Monarch Polfy SA, Gelena Shitinerand" cases from a few years back.   :pimp:

30 minutes ago, automatico said:

The ID of genuine 160xx and 162xx DJ bezels is 30.4mm (maybe plus or minus a hair), the difference being that 162xx sapphire bezels are a little bit taller. If the case neck is same as oem...29.5mm, then any oem spec crystal and gasket combo should work.   Catch: with some replica cases there will be a small shoulder at the bottom of the case neck and if the crystal gasket is pushed down over the shoulder it will cause the bezel to not mount flat on top of the case.

Most of the replica DJ cases have oem spec case necks but the crystal gaskets and bezels may or may not be oem spec, especially on older cases. Aftmkt bezels ordered from ST, WSO etc should be oem spec (ST is for sure). My JMB cases are oem spec on the case neck as are my "Monarch Polfy SA, Gelena Shitinerand" cases from a few years back.   :pimp:

Many thanks!!!

very eloquent and detailed in giving me the green light of confidence!!!  

BTW not sure who ST is, but I am aware who WSO is???